BraveHeart audio out of sync

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by HT_Enthusiast, May 15, 2018.

1. HT_Enthusiast

HT_Enthusiast Active Member

When attempting to make a lossless MKV of BraveHeart UHD with Video, Subtitles, and TrueHD track (Atmos) during playback the audio is out of sync with the video (speach occurs slightly before they say it on the video).

When playing directly in the preview player before conversion the audio appears to be working properly. Just after it's converted to MKV do i experience the issue.

Additional Note: Same results with AnyDVD HD 8.2.4.10 and 8.2.5.0 & CloneBD 1.2.1.0

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. HT_Enthusiast

Now that CloneBD 1.2.2.0 is out - I tried that version as well and get the same results.

Preview player works correctly and TrueHD track plays in sync (from ISO & Disc) - but when converted to (Lossless Video/Audio) MKV it's out of sync. Please let me know if there is any further information i can provide to have this looked into.

Attached Files:

3. Jon G. Dunkelberry

Jon G. Dunkelberry Well-Known Member

I have the same issue.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Not without a CloneBD logfile you're not. You don't say what title, what's (not) happening, no logfile ... can't help you

5. Jon G. Dunkelberry

Jon G. Dunkelberry Well-Known Member

Hahaha, well that was needlessly hostile. But, not all that unsurprising.

In an effort to be more helpful (for those that were confused), when I said "I have the same issue", I meant that I have the same issue as is described in the only other 2 posts in this thread. Those are the 2 posts directly above mine. Regarding Braveheart. And the audio sync issue. I wouldn't change a thing from what HT_Enthusiast wrote. I wasn't on my computer when I made the first post, hence no logfile. Since now I am, and another one may be helpful, here it is...

Attached Files:

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Nothing hostile about it. Just saying "same issue" can mean just about anything. Something we see rather frequently. Users claiming to have the "same issue", but turns out they're using a different title. As such NOT the same issue ;)

Now that you have provided a logfile, the staff like @Pete or @Reto have something to work with :)

7. Fabian

Fabian Developer

I see the issue, this will be fixed soon.

8. HT_Enthusiast

Was 1.2.2.1 beta supposed to include this fix? I tested with 1.2.2.1 and still encountering the audio delay.

Attached Files:

9. Fabian

Fabian Developer

No, it wasn't fixed. There is a problem with .mkv and lossless audio and how a start delay is interpreted by different players. I hope to fix this in the next beta.

10. PSUHammer

PSUHammer Member

Sorry to necropost but was this ever resolved? I have this issue now with Avengers Infinity War UHD. When I go to play this on Plex, audio is a few milliseconds behind. Here is a log:

Attached Files:

11. HT_Enthusiast

I can confirm this was resolved in one of the last couple of fixes to CloneBD. We have another thread for an issue with Incredibles 2 Atmos track - I'd recommend a new thread for your specific issue and it is probably not related to this past issue.

12. PSUHammer

PSUHammer Member

Will do, thanks!