• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BRAVE dvd movie

But your players probably only flag Cinavia when playing back from a disc as a DVD or Blu-ray structure, and don't pick up on it from file playback. If it was as easy as ripping to a file then rebuilding the disc structure then it wouldn't be a very good protection and people wouldn't be having such issues with it

Last edited:
Then you will need to look in your Add/Remove or Uninstall control panel location and see what that program is....If you don't know what programs are installing unknown to you that will be problematic for you...As I replied back the ISO and DVD playback were fine...on my laptop burner... I have to burn off a copy and see what happens but that will have no protection on it when I do it. But so far the ISO is working fine just like it was the DVD. I use WinDVD pro 11 to play my DVD FYI....

Last edited:
The Sonic is something I use. Turns out GEAR software is Auto FX, a Photoshop plug-in that I sometimes use. But it is not listed as Gear software, I had to Google it to find out. I don't want to remove the whole thing. I think it has something to do with an additional texture downloader that somehow got there. Trying to find it.

And yes, I will try ripping just an ISO using AnyDVD to see what happens (Brave)

However, ripping the DVD Brave to a file and then using ConvertXtoDVD did, in fact, work. I burned it to a DVD and it played on all of the TV's. It was a much smaller file than I would have liked.

The computer I am working on has a lot of software and three BD drives. The computer behind me has no BD drives and a lot less software, but it does have Roxio and AnyDVD and Clone...so since I am working from a regular Brave DVD, perhaps I will try it on that computer and see what happens.

Remember, I'm not getting a Cinavia block on Brave...it is just looping back to the menu.

On the film that I had the Cinavia block, that one I have not successfully burned to DVD, only to file.

I'm sure Slysoft will come up with the solutions to both of these problems...I'm just trying to see what works. I'd like to get Brave down to a 4.7. It might work as an ISO if I used a DL DVD. But I am also trying to shrink it to 4.7. So far, I'm just getting a lot of coasters.

Also keep in mind I try these on several BD TV players. ONE could play a burned DVD with Cinavia block that the other players could not play, I think it was Pirates!...I didn't label it (foolish me) because I was so busy trying with Brave.

When the current attempt is finished on this machine, I will try it on the machine with less software to eliminate that possibility. If push comes to shove, I'll put it on one of my laptops and see if I can do it there, as none of my laptops have either Roxio (Sonic) OR Gear. No BD drives either, so I'll just use the regular DVD.

Are you burning your iso to a DL? Or are you shrinking it to 4.7? What are you using to burn the iso, either way?

If you look at the log again, can any of you see anything that has to do with "Driver Manager"? That is the only new software installed.

I did as I said I would, and tried using AnyDVD Beta and CloneDVD2 on the little HP that has no BD drives...so used regular Brave DVD, and had no problem whatsoever. So it HAS to be something on this computer that is new.

Now, for an additional try, I am going to try ripping the BD...to see what happens...on this computer.

Are you burning your iso to a DL? Or are you shrinking it to 4.7? What are you using to burn the iso, either way?

Was that question directed toward me? I have it on ISO currently and when I get back home I burn it to SL and play it and see how the quality of it is. DL is still expensive compared to regular SL DVD media so I will use CloneDVD to compress the dvd9 to dvd5 format and play the media back on my laptop or desktop and see how the quality is but I have see some SL backup go blocky pixles and some didn't but for a small 23 widescreen and 19 lcd I think SL compression works fine for me.

Yes, it was towards you. Did you read where I did it successfully using just AnyDVD and CloneDVD on another computer? I'm asking all fellow rippers to look at the log and see if they can find any reference to "Driver Manager". It is the only new software on this machine. But this machine has so many drives. It has 4 onboard drives, 3 1TB and one 3TB. It has several 2 and 3 TB externals. Even though I will only do an incremental image backup of C, D, and E....it will still take hours to restore after I remove Driver Manager to see if that is the issue. So I'm asking you all to look to see if I missed something in the log.

Yes, it was towards you. Did you read where I did it successfully using just AnyDVD and CloneDVD on another computer? I'm asking all fellow rippers to look at the log and see if they can find any reference to "Driver Manager". It is the only new software on this machine. But this machine has so many drives. It has 4 onboard drives, 3 1TB and one 3TB. It has several 2 and 3 TB externals. Even though I will only do an incremental image backup of C, D, and E....it will still take hours to restore after I remove Driver Manager to see if that is the issue. So I'm asking you all to look to see if I missed something in the log.

wow....I have that many drives 8 HDD from 500Gig to 3TB....for NAS and storage on my desktop. That amount of drives shouldn't matter for Anydvd and CloneDVD when they are performing their process. Probaby missed the mention of it. But if so your current computer must have something wrong with it if you can do it successfully on another but not that one. Might be time to reformat and reinstall core apps and not use plugins to see if the problem doesn't persist.

The number of drives is moot, I think. I did uninstall Driver Manager to see if that corrected the situation (and in my innards I knew that if anything, it would have been a driver update rather than the Driver Manager), but the option for rolling back drivers on those BD recorders was grayed out.

I'd have gone back to a ghost image, but Xmas Wish lists from the kids complete with links are in the mail, so maybe I'll wait til after the holidays to do an image restore. Up until just these two attempts (mentioned earlier) everything worked flawlessly. I was hoping that some brilliant SlySoft engineer would take a look at the log and point me in a positive direction.

Sonic has ALWAYS been there, as has GEAR...which, as I've stated is merely AutoFX, a plug in for Photoshop.

There are far too many expensive programs on here for a reformat. I'm a photographer and use a lot of software.

Perhaps I should just send the log to Slysoft? Or do they check these forums?

There are far too many expensive programs on here for a reformat. I'm a photographer and use a lot of software.

Rather you should have one just dedicated to your photography business and another for personal usage. That way you will prevent problems from cropping up in the same computer or being affected by one setup and not another setup. I would recommend you go that route to prevent problem happening on your business side. Just build a basic burning computer to do your backup and copies and leave the computer you use for your Photography business as is business usage and not personal usage so as to not have so many problem migrating on so many platforms on one computer.

That is what I was thinking. Just add a USB BD burner to the little HP (external).

I should have clarified that I am a retired photographer. Most of what I do now is gratis, not business. But I still give high quality work, free or not. The actual business is...you guessed it...computer consulting. So I am constantly testing. But this one has me stymied. Also, later today I will test to see if the latest Windows update helped. I had done the latest Windows update on that HP (the one on which the movie ripped successfully).

Think I'd love to solve this little enigma though.

Back