• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BRAVE dvd movie

robertoA

i have problem copy the movie BRAVE, dvd can someone help me ?

Problem with Brave as well...the plain DVD.

Using two of three drives...latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I figured it would rip and burn to a 4.7GB as it always did.

The progress looked the same as always, the entire movie showed in the 'preview' and gave no signs anything was wrong. I tried using just one "angle", then all three. When the burned DVD was placed in 3 different BD players, all I could get was the menu screen, nothing else...oh, and the sound loop for that screen.

I've been using these two programs forever and never really had a problem. As no errors showed, there is no error log.

The two drives I used were (actually I tried three)
Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA
PLDS BD-RE DH-481S ATA
Plextor BD-R PX-B940 ATA

In order to temporarily get a backup copy, I had to use Handbrake to rip and then convertXtoDVD to burn. That one works.

So I'm not sure if the problem is with CloneDVD2 (again, it showed no errors) or AnyDVD.

I had a problem with one other BD, a Cinavia, but I'll discuss that one later.

I'm running Windows 7, Professional, and all of my drivers for all of my devices are up to date as I use Driver Manager. All of my Windows updates are up to date.

Do you need any further information? BTW it is a standard habit for me to make backup copies of my movies and use them for everyday and save the store-bought ones for "first viewing with family", then put them away safely for emergencies. I also rip copies for my house server for when people are incapacitated (as in broken legs, etc.).

I do have the BD copy of Brave as well, but I didn't try to rip that one.

Thanks in advance.

IMD

As was said the the OP, you need to read the thread that was linked to in the second post

I thought I gave you all the information. The only thing I didn't include is that it is NTSC for America...

And I'm running Any 7.1.2.0. I heard "beta" but couldn't find it. I did read both posts twice.

When no error showed, how would there be an error log. Would you like me to try again and get the log for AnyDVD or Clone? I'm not sure which program is the problem because the ripped file plays fine, just not on DVD.

Forgive my confusion.

If you read the linked thread it tells you to create an AnyDVD logfile

Okay, I'll rip it again and create one. I wrongly assumed that one would not be created if no errors showed. Just didn't know.

I've just tried for the first time to attach a log...I hope it worked.

Second question is when you say "stickie at the top of the forum" are you referring to the icon at the top of this very page?

If the log didn't attach, I'll try again.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.2.0_Info_F_BRAVE.zip
    513.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just found the Beta

Forgive, I'm new to the forum. Old to computers, but new to forum.

I've installed the Beta and going to reboot and try going from DVD to Clone to DVD again and see if it works. I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun) :doh:

If you read the linked thread it tells you to create an AnyDVD logfile

I have now attached the log file in an earlier post.

I dowloaded and installed the beta and rebooted. I tried going straight from the Brave DVD to Clone DVD2, and still the same problem. It will not go past the menu (the burned DVD) although it shows no errors in either AnyDVD or CloneDVD2.

Indy

So if you have the original disc in the drive with AnyDVD running does that play back on the computer?
If you try to play back one of the discs in the PC using something like PowerDVD does that then play?

This morning I tried the newly burned DVD in this particular computer, three of the drives, and tried Power DVD 10 and VLC...identical to what happens on three of the TV BD players that I tried. Namely, the Cinderella Castle does not show, it goes straight to the warnings, then a setup screen, then a menu with play, select scenes, etc....but loops right back again to the play menu. This is now the 4th DVD I tried to burn. Mind you, I copy ALL of my DVD collection, which is in the thousands. Just in the last two weeks or so have I had problems, and one was with Pirates! Band of Misfits, and the other is Disney's Brave. The really interesting thing about Pirates! Band of Misfits is that when I try to burn it to DVD, the DVD gets the Cinavia block. BUT, if I rip the file and watch it on the TV via the flash drive or other external drive, it plays just fine. I'm sure if I use ConvertX to DVD using that 6GB+ file, it will play.

But personally, I'd rather have a copy for my DVD copies collection.

And yes, to answer your question, the Brave original disc will play on the computer using either Power DVD 10 or VLC, and AnyDVD is running in the background.

PS: User name was changed by my request.

Here some software that I would say would be part the problem with your copying the dvd...

Company: GEAR Software Inc.

What program is using it?

Company: Sonic Solutions

Why have this program? It's been known to be a problem software that conflicts with other copier software especially with Slysoft programs preventing them from doing their work.

Here is the log from newest Beta

Now I have the regular commercial Brave DVD in the drive, and the beta AnyDVD as suggested installed. I have rebooted, and of course AnyDVD is running. So here is the logfile.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.2.1_Info_I_BRAVE.zip
    519.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm pretty sure if you use convertx to DVD you'll still end up with the Cinavia flag. Your TV doesn't have Cinavia detection therefore it doesn't see the watermark and ignores it when playing back as a file, but your DVD player does have Cinavia detection and therefore will see the watermark that's embedded in the audio stream. The watermark will still be there even after running it through Convertx

Here something to try did you try to rip just the movie to see if that works? and or rip to image aka ISO format to see if it does do it? I am rip mine to iso format and trying to play it to see what it does.

Rip to iso and playback the ISO without any problems....and regular playback on my laptop dvd burner is going fine? So can't say for sure what might be going on with yours. But there are software that can cause problems with Slysoft software has been common problems. So removing Gear software and Sonic and try again to see if that doesn't fix the problem????

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if you use convertx to DVD you'll still end up with the Cinavia flag. Your TV doesn't have Cinavia detection therefore it doesn't see the watermark and ignores it when playing back as a file, but your DVD player does have Cinavia detection and therefore will see the watermark that's embedded in the audio stream. The watermark will still be there even after running it through Convertx

Okay, the Cinavia is on a different movie (I should not have complicated things). It is on Pirates! Band of Misfits. With that one, which is BD, I get the Cinavia flag. BUT, using Pavtube Ultimate I ripped it to an MP4 file. I then put that file on a flash drive and stuck it in the USB port on three different TV players (BD) and the movie played just fine.

As for Sonic, that is part of Roxio, I've always had it to make slideshows from photographs and never had a problem before. Right now I'm trying to figure out what the GEAR software is.

I have not tried yet to just rip an ISO and see what happens, using just AnyDVD for Brave.

Any idea what GEAR software is? LOL! I'm looking through my programs, features, and in fact the whole danged computer for it.

Back