• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Borderlands and another beautiful SecuROM feature...

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Apparently [some] retailers didn't understand that the release date for Borderlands for the PC was not the same as the console versions. As a result some consumers legally purchased the game before its intended release date. Well, they cannot play the game because the SecuROM protection won't let them because it hasn't been officially released yet. They can't even play single-player mode. Ah, the many oh so lovely facets of DRM. I find this both insanely humorous and insanely annoying at the same time.

I may actually buy this game down the road when the price drops.

I may actually buy this game down the road when the price drops.

I may as well, eventually. But Dragon Age is around the corner, and I still need to finish Fallout 3 completely. Borderlands looks like Fallout 3's ugly stepsister named FPS Diablo Loot.

Last edited:
It's out and...

Borderlands has more than a few glitches
Written by David Stellmack
Wednesday, 28 October 2009 03:39

‘save file corruption’ causing skill point loss

Borderlands has been getting a lot of attention, as the game that was developed by Gearbox Software seems to have come out of nowhere. While the game has been in development for some time, it seems that it has more than a few glitches that are causing some issues for players.

The majority of the more serious complaints from players seem to center around the corruption of character data during the save process. It seems that during this process players can be met with a message that says “Save file is corrupted” and players then lose skills, weapon proficiencies, and other things that they have managed to find. The resetting of the skill points seems to be the part that has players more than a bit unhappy.

[...]

Source: Fudzilla
Full Article: Borderlands has more than a few glitches

The majority of the more serious complaints from players seem to center around the corruption of character data during the save process. It seems that during this process players can be met with a message that says “Save file is corrupted” and players then lose skills, weapon proficiencies, and other things that they have managed to find. The resetting of the skill points seems to be the part that has players more than a bit unhappy.

That's, uh, awesome. :rolleyes:

Back