• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Booktype Question

Wildrat

Bookkeeping Question

I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Will these change the booktype of a DVD or do I need to do something else, or have a different piece of software. I have a BenQ and a Sony burner. I use the Sony for my burning. Thanks!

Your BenQ came with a utility suite called Q-Suite. Use it to change the booktype of your BenQ.

Whisperer I don't remember getting software with the BenQ, but it's been awhile and several brain cells have gone elsewhere. I will download what you posted Zebadee and ck it out.
Webslinger I will try what you told me and see if I can manage it.

Whisperer I don't remember getting software with the BenQ, but it's been awhile and several brain cells have gone elsewhere. I will download what you posted Zebadee and ck it out.
Webslinger I will try what you told me and see if I can manage it.

Hi, you should do what Zebadee posted (which is basically what we all posted). When you read the link, I state the best way to change booktype is to use the software that came with your burner. The link that Zebadee provides is what BenQ normally ships with your burner. So please use those links.

I agree with what the Whisperer and Zebadee wrote.

Last edited:
I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Will these change the booktype of a DVD or do I need to do something else, or have a different piece of software. I have a BenQ and a Sony burner. I use the Sony for my burning. Thanks!

For those of us who have to change the booktype for each disk, is there any chance that CloneDVD2 or ANYDVD might come out with a version that does allow one to change the Booktype for DVD+R disks? Sure would be a great feature and a timesaver.

I agree!
It would be good to include that in the software, but would it be a big job with all the different drives?

For those of us who have to change the booktype for each disk, is there any chance that CloneDVD2 or ANYDVD might come out with a version that does allow one to change the Booktype for DVD+R disks? Sure would be a great feature and a timesaver.

For what it's worth, I wrote to both Slysoft and Elby in 2005 asking for the exact same thing. So, for a reason unknown to me it has not been a top priority. That said, my current burners default to "dvd-rom" anyway with the media I'm using (after using Plextools and making the adjustment once).

Last edited:
Hi :)
BenQ drives regardless of whether they were retail or oem, should have come with a disc that had QSuite QVideo & oem version of Nero. The reality is that a lot of dealers either didn't bother with this disc or in some cases dealers would sell disc as a aftersale or bundle it to complete a sale. However as BenQs utilities are free & downloadable easily offsets the fact that you didn't get wht you should. If QSuite manual still leaves some questions lurking at the back of your mind. Take a look here:

Back