• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BluRay - Remove Prohibited User Operations

walstib

I do full disc backups to folder (not ISO, have my reasons).

I have the "Remove Prohibited User Operations" checked in the settings, but when I rip a disc, in this case "Ted" (but others have exhibited this), when doing a full disc playback, the user operations are still blocked.

Am I interpreting this feature correctly such that I can skip the ads and go right to the main menu?

Is there a slick way to also just remove the ads (usually trailers) and just go straight to the menu when playing back the full disc?

thanks in advance.

You can try the other options to skip annoyances. Right mouse button for help. Test playback on PC with player software, no need to rip.

I think I see my misunderstanding here: I thought it removed the "prohibited operations" as part of backing up the disc vs removing it at run-time while playing back from a disc in PC player software.

I think I see my misunderstanding here: I thought it removed the "prohibited operations" as part of backing up the disc vs removing it at run-time while playing back from a disc in PC player software.
It does, realtime & rip are the same. But in realtime you can test settings in a few moments without ripping. Try the "annoyances" options.

It does, realtime & rip are the same. But in realtime you can test settings in a few moments without ripping. Try the "annoyances" options.

been months and lost track of this. anyway i got around to trying the Bluray of "Ted" directly and still can't jump to the top menu; trailers, adverts are still displayed and can't skip them. I did confirm both options to remove them are checked under "Video Blu-ray"

any other thoughts?

I can't find a third option. Only what I posted earlier. Can you provide some guidance?

When I look at the AnyDVD Settings for Video Blu-ray I see three Remove options that can be enabled or disabled with a check box. These three options are directly below the option to Enable Blu-ray support.

Remove prohibited user operations
Remove annoying adverts and trailers
Remove video sequences shorter than

Have you tried all three of those? Perhaps removing video sequences shorter than a few minutes would remove those annoying trailers and adverts.

Those bottom 2 can have undesired side effects as anydvd can't know which ones are actual adverts/trailers for sure and removing clips shorter that a specific duration removes ALL such clips. It can trigger removal of needed clips for navigation as well as special features that fall under that duration threshold.

I have the "Remove Prohibited User Operations" checked in the settings, but when I rip a disc... the user operations are still blocked.

Am I interpreting this feature correctly such that I can skip the ads and go right to the main menu?

"Remove Prohibited User Options" usually refers to things like being able to manually use "Next Chapter" to skip past some screen you don't want to sit through.

Including ads.

That ability should transfer to your folder, as you expected.

To automatically go to the Main Menu whenever you play the movie is a different animal.

Your best option for that is setting the "Remove video sequences shorter than" option.

So for instance if you have a series of trailers and ads all less than 2 minutes long, removing sequences less than 2 minutes should auto-skip all those annoyances.

But as @Ch3vr0n says, if there's something you want to view from the Disc that's under 2 minutes, like an Extra, that will be gone too.

Another option could be to enable Speed Menus and select "Keep Original Menu".

That would start the movie each time on the Speed Menu, then you click on the Main selection.

And the option to bring up the original Menu is still there if you want it (and so are the ads - lol).

If neither of those options work for you, the last resort is to create the folder with CloneBD and specifically remove any leading ads or trailers with that tool.

T

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts - very helpful. Agree with @Ch3vr0n - I've had those undesired consequences before.

The "Speed Menu" but keeping Original as an option is a good enough compromise.

Ultimately what I wanted was ability to just skip to the main menu. At the very least, I can hit "Next Chapter" to skip through ads. I was hoping hitting "Top Menu" would also skip them all and just go to the main menu.

In any case, it's a minor annoyance. Thanks all for the help

Back