• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray Playlist obfuscation finally revealed Step by step for ALL MOVIES!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great video, much easier to understand then the first one. I was adding MPLS as the filter, but I couldn't get past the blank screen in the process monitor.
Thanks !

Last edited:
I haven't actually tried anything yet, but for next time. :p

Just tried it with "Water For Elephants" and I found you can't run the monitor right in the middle of the movie, I had to start from the movie menu, otherwise it just shows a blank screen in the monitor.
An interesting thing is that both Any DVD HD and MPC-HC pick 300 as the playlist which seems to work (didn't watch the whole thing to see if it does), however the actual playlist that the monitor points out while Power DVD 14 is running is 800 _ which also appears to be the correct one as well.
Both playlists show a length of 2 hours and 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Just tried it with "Water For Elephants" and I found you can't run the monitor right in the middle of the movie, I had to start from the movie menu, otherwise it just shows a blank screen in the monitor.
An interesting thing is that both Any DVD HD and MPC-HC pick 300 as the playlist which seems to work (didn't watch the whole thing to see if it does), however the actual playlist that the monitor points out while Power DVD 14 is running is 800 _ which also appears to be the correct one as well.
Both playlists show a length of 2 hours and 30 seconds.
Ive heard many users say they sometimes are missing certain audio like the DTS-HD. Maybe this is the difference. The only way to compare the 2 is load them in tsmuxer and see the items in each mpls file. Its nice to get an answer in seconds. Im sure the red box rental guys will love this because they have to return the original the next day. With this method you can iso the disk with anydvdhd and leave tell the next week as long as you load it and get the correct playlist with my method. Then open the iso with tsmuxer and select the correct mpls file the following week and remux it back to bluray structure and put it on a disk or hard drive. Glad it worked. Remember all...... if you got a downloaded copy of powerdvd ultra14 from a torrent or other means and try this the protection will kick in (because its looking for the stamped volume ID) on the original disk even if anydvdhd is disabled and still scramble and give you a false mpls. You must own a purchased copy of a commercial player to do this. I will be uploading a video on dolby atmos tonight and playback in mpc and vlc. It shows you how to deal with screen pass and doly atmos sound together and to get a good burn iso and not a coaster.....Even though I never burn my movies to disk...

Last edited:
Ive head many users say they sometimes are missing certain audio like the DTS-HD. Maybe this is the difference. The only way to compare the 2 is load them in tsmuxer and see the items in each mpls file. Its nice to get an answer in seconds. Im sure the red box rental guys will love this because they have to return the original the next day. With this method you can iso the disk with anydvdhd and leave tell the next week as long as you load it and get the correct playlist with my method. Then open the iso with tsmuxer and select the correct mpls file the following week and remux it back to bluray structure and put it on a disk or hard drive. Glad it worked. Remember all...... if you got a downloaded copy of powerdvd ultra14 from a torrent or other means and try this the protection will kick in (because its looking for the stamped volume ID) on the original disk even if anydvdhd is disabled and still scramble and give you a false mpls. You must own a purchased copy of a commercial player to do this. I will be uploading a video on dolby atmos tonight and playback in mpc and vlc. It shows you how to deal with screen pass and doly atmos sound together and to get a good burn iso and not a coaster.....Even though I never burn my movies to disk...
Yup, I have a proper license for Power DVD 14. :)
So far I've never had a problem with Dolby Atmos (as mentioned in another thread). I simply save the full movie in ISO form and MPC-HC downgrades the Atmos track to 7.1 channels to Dolby True HD and I know all the channels are working because of the Atmos intro at the beginning of John Wick. It was quite startling through my Magnepans !

When I have a chance I'm going to run "War Horse" through the monitor and see what playlist Power DVD 14 chooses. MPC-HC chooses one where the movie plays fine, but it defaults to the French 5.1 DTS-HD track _ I have to go into the audio menu and choose the English track.

Last edited:
Yup, I have a proper license for Power DVD 14. :)
So far I've never had a problem with Dolby Atmos (as mentioned in another thread). I simply save the full movie in ISO form and MPC-HC downgrades the Atmos track to 7.1 channels to Dolby True HD and I know all the channels are working because of the Atmos intro at the beginning of John Wick. It was quite startling through my Magnepans !

When I have a chance I'm going to run "War Horse" through the monitor and see what playlist Power DVD 14 chooses. MPC-HC chooses one where the movie plays fine, but it defaults to the French 5.1 DTS-HD track _ I have to go into the audio menu and choose the English track.
Your correct with the newest version of mpc because it includes lav filters this atmos sound track in movies will play without freezing the video. The problem comes when you hook it up to your amp. The pcm signal through mpc with the lav filters will not push out true 5.1 separation and will only put out matrix dolby. Ive tried everything to get those lav filters to work and trigger my denon amp to show dts and 5.1 but it defaults to dolby surround +M which is sound +M Mains. If I use fdshow and demux and down convert the true-hd and ac3 660 and remux it to bluray m2ts container it plays perfect in both mpc and vlc and my amp plays exactly what my powerdvd ultra14 would output. It all comes down to the PCM amp hookup for me. If you do not have a system like mine then playing it through tv speakers then simple playback will work. Shirlock holmes is a prime example to test DTS though pcm. When the horses run at the beginning of the movie you can hear them from 1/2 behind you then as then approach the pan sound comes over your head and to the fronts. Its a noticeable difference if the DTS is not being output correctly to the amp. When it is not working the horses sound like there centerbased then pan to the fronts. Like 40 percent of your sound field is gone out the door. Im assuming most users on here have good DD DTS amps. Not sure how popular HTPC is on here. I use the HTPC because of 'Unbeatable' Cinavia Anti-Piracy Technology

Last edited:
When I have a chance I'm going to run "War Horse" through the monitor and see what playlist Power DVD 14 chooses.

I have the Power DVD 10 that came with my LG BD drive, it chooses source file 00800.mpls for the default English language version.

I've been an Sysinternals utility user for eon's and it never occurred to me before to try this. I'm grateful for the tip :rock:

Regards,
Dan

I have the Power DVD 10 that came with my LG BD drive, it chooses source file 00800.mpls for the default English language version.

I've been an Sysinternals utility user for eon's and it never occurred to me before to try this. I'm grateful for the tip :rock:

Regards,
Dan
The process monitor points to the 800 playlist when "English" is chosen at the beginning of "War Horse".
However, even when manually choosing 800 as the playlist in MPC-HC, the French sound track is still chosen.
It's an easy enough fix just to go into the audio and change it to the DTS-HD master English track, but it's still odd behavior and a little annoying.
A small problem with MPC-HC that I'm not going to trouble shoot...

You could tsmuxer demux the english and scrap the french.and mux it back together. Then the french can go bye bye. Im a duck.... Im at the top of the google search for this video. Hope sony screenpass guys dont come after me......

You could tsmuxer demux the english and scrap yhe french.and mux it back together. Then the french can go bye bye.
Umm, yeah.... I could do that, but I can't be bothered. I find it easier just to grab the disc and change the sound track to English when it comes time.
You know I used to solely use PowerDVD14 and the frame interpolation feature on my projector, it's not until recently I started noticing the artifacts that interpolation produces.
I was never interested in tsmuxer/demux _ reducing the movie to save space.
So now I'm running SVP and Dmitri Render (at the same time) for my frame interpolation purposes, all my time is spent tweaking those applications or rather just SVP as DmitriRender is non-adjustable.
They both work well with MPC-HC, hence the preoccupation of finding the correct playlist. :)

If and or when 4K becomes prevalent, I can say goodby to 24 FPS judder and frame interpolation as 4K is supposed to be shot at 60FPS.

Tip set your tv or monitor to 60hz. tsmuxer defaults to 29.976 frames per sec. if you use renderless 9 in mpc your video will be smooth. Wish you could watch a movie in my living room to see and hear my movies. You cannot tell my htpc movies from the originals. And I view them on a 70inch so any video tear, glitch would jump out at these sizes. Its so smootg documentary films panning mountains are smooth without ant frame drops. Its hars to teach an old dog new tricks.... Do you think sony could charge me for showing users how to bypass screen pass protection from sony? Or the way I showed nothing but files make it a grey area a legal video? Im still alittle worried that my video show up next to the sony website on the same google page pg1. Someobe please chime in on what you think. Is this legal?

Last edited:
Just grab the disc and MKV the correct playlist and be done with it.

I've also watched the video. It shows the process that some of us use to discover the correct .mpls for a JAVA protected movie. Unfortunately, it only works if you can play the movie with PowerDVD running, and AnyDVD NOT running (if the JAVA protection hasn't been defeated by AnyDVD yet).

I made a suggestion in another post that we needed video tutorials, and gereral1 made one for us. Cudos to him for taking the time to do this. :bowdown: The only thing I wish I could do was zoom in on the video to be able to make the picture bigger.

az_raiden

Uploaded a full frame 1080p hd video so now you can see this. I also made the tutorial easier to follow even for newbees.
Lets hope youtube does not get pissed again. If they do I will upload this video to a download site.

However, even when manually choosing 800 as the playlist in MPC-HC, the French sound track is still chosen.
It's an easy enough fix just to go into the audio and change it to the DTS-HD master English track, but it's still odd behavior and a little annoying.
A small problem with MPC-HC that I'm not going to trouble shoot...

Do you have English set as the preferred audio in MPC-HC/LAV Splitter?
You can check during playback:
Right Click > Filters > LAV Splitter Source > Properties > in the box under Audio type eng > Apply/OK.
Close MPC-HC and open the playlist again and it should select the English track by default.

Hope sony screenpass guys dont come after me......

The video should be fine, worst thing that can happen is Cyberlink update PowerDVD to not work when any monitoring programs are in use.

Tip set your tv or monitor to 60hz. tsmuxer defaults to 29.976 frames per sec. if you use renderless 9 in mpc your video will be smooth. Wish you could watch a movie in my living room to see and hear my movies. You cannot tell my htpc movies from the originals. And I view them on a 70inch so any video tear, glitch would jump out at these sizes. Its so smootg documentary films panning mountains are smooth without ant frame drops. Its hars to teach an old dog new tricks.... Do you think sony could charge me for showing users how to bypass screen pass protection from sony? Or the way I showed nothing but files make it a grey area a legal video? Im still alittle worried that my video show up next to the sony website on the same google page pg1. Someobe please chime in on what you think. Is this legal?
So I'm an old dog now... :doh:
He He He, wait, I am an old dog, my 50th birthday is going to be in a month.

The video should be fine, worst thing that can happen is Cyberlink update PowerDVD to not work when any monitoring programs are in use.
Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind too. :(

Do you have English set as the preferred audio in MPC-HC/LAV Splitter?
You can check during playback:
Right Click > Filters > LAV Splitter Source > Properties > in the box under Audio type eng > Apply/OK.
Close MPC-HC and open the playlist again and it should select the English track by default.
That worked great, thanks ! :)

I know this is off topic but has anyone had good success with your amp and lav filters? My demon amp cannot see the correct PCM output say DTS or did 5.1 I've tried. But when I use fdshow audio it works perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back