• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray playback with AACS in tact on a PC

Yeh DD that's I what would have thought is the most likely.

See what others find.

If we can convert the M2TS file then there are possibilities once converted it plays everywhere. A h264 file 1080p 5 wave encoded came to 3.5 gig

If we can convert the M2TS file then there are possibilities once converted it plays everywhere. A h264 file 1080p 5 wave encoded came to 3.5 gig

Yes, the converted file would be unprotected so it will play everywhere.
This is no different to how AnyDVD already handles protected ISO images.
AnyDVD can decrypt any ImgBurn created protected ISO image (made with AnyDVD turned off) that it has seen before, which is currently 150,000 + discs.

I only do movie no menu so redfox is the only way to go.

I was able to watch Blackhat without any decryption, as well. The software apparently contains special sauce.

Personally, nothing about Leawo Blu-Ray Player ever interested me but it's a nice tool to have in the arsenal since I do use my PC serves many uses including as an HTPC. Is LBRP perfect? No. Useful and usable? Absolutely and it's free.

Surely it's just removing the AACS itself for playback? Just like AnyDVD would?

Hmmm... actually Avatar plays, as well. Avatar has BD+. I didn't sit and watch the whole thing, of course, but simply skipped through. Video was pristine.

Surely it's just removing the AACS itself for playback? Just like AnyDVD would?

OK, I've installed Leawo Blu-ray player, to take a look.

As suspected the program contacts online to get the required keys/information to remove the AACS/BD+ protection from the ISO before playback.
Nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

If I disable my internet connection, non of the protected ISO images work. I get an error 68 and playback does not work.

Leawo.png

As for the player itself, it's definitely taken from Kodi (which is GPL).
All the Kodi Userdata folders layout etc are intact in the Leawo Roaming folder, similar to how Fab's player was.
The menu side seems to be using the open source libbluray, using a couple of my test discs, full disc playback (especially BD-J) is unreliable.

Just wanted to clear this up. Sure it's a neat free tool, but just like the other "players" most of it is taken from elsewhere.

Last edited:
That explains a lot. The online aspect, that is. Interesting that it's free... or at least for now?

That explains a lot. The online aspect, that is. Interesting that it's free... or at least for now?

Yes, it is interesting, hopefully it's not using someone elses online database :LOL:
You never know with these 'Chinese' software companies. If I remember correctly, previously some even used a hidden hacked AnyDVD to remove the protection - not saying this software is doing that (it doesn't)

Full disc copy of captain America bluray ISO
Now play back on any software player.
This was 1: on 1 copy off an ISO with AACS disabled in some way.
Stream perfectly on nvidia/dune HD with menu.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It did have trouble with the Charlie Brown movie, it was pixilated and jerky, so obviously AACS was not dealt with properly.
I created a support ticket and was asked to provide a bunch of info _ which I never followed up on, I just wanted to see if I would get a response for a free player.

I even went as far to start in with UHD Blu-ray and I was simply told to use the highest version, but of course it did not work.

Got a question if a standalone from 2012
Can play a blurays disc for 2016 without connecting to the Internet this would mean the key exchange sits on the bluray drive
Correct?

It did have trouble with the Charlie Brown movie, it was pixilated and jerky, so obviously AACS was not dealt with properly.
I created a support ticket and was asked to provide a bunch of info _ which I never followed up on, I just wanted to see if I would get a response for a free player.
You mean "The Peanuts" movie? This has a new BD+, and BD+ support from ... ehm ... "programs other than AnyDVD" is pretty pathetic.
It should play it with AnyDVD running. Heck, AnyDVD should *always* be running. (y)

You mean "The Peanuts" movie? This has a new BD+, and BD+ support from ... ehm ... "programs other than AnyDVD" is pretty pathetic.
It should play it with AnyDVD running. Heck, AnyDVD should *always* be running. (y)
I was just pissing around with a cheap Chinese player James. :)
It wouldn't play on that Leawo player even with RedFox running in the back ground. The two programs were conflicting and or the player itself was missing some codecs.

Back