• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray playback with AACS in tact on a PC

manixx2020

How is this possible playback of an encrypted bluray The 5th wave &
Anydvd turned off see picture.
ISO RIP
Can someone explain this.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
AnyDVD already did its decrypting to create the .iso. You probably are seeing the .iso using virtual clone drive or some other program like Cyberlink's Vitual drive software. They have the ability to read an .iso as if it was a disc in your disk drive. Do you have a physical drive F? It shows up in your picture.

I tried that too and mostly they do play, but not very well. Sometimes loading can be problematic; taking to long or you have to close the player down a number of times and keep trying.
The people who make Leawo player have their own decryption software and they must be applying it to their free player.

I tried that too and mostly they do play, but not very well. Sometimes loading can be problematic; taking to long or you have to close the player down a number of times and keep trying.
The people who make Leawo player have their own decryption software and they must be applying it to their free player.
It was ripped with Anydvd turned off
It plays perfectly, so the AACS folder stayed the same, it won't play on powerdvd 10
But on the Leo player I will test more software players

Thats a virtual drive.
AnyDVD already did its decrypting to create the .iso. You probably are seeing the .iso using virtual clone drive or some other program like Cyberlink's Vitual drive software. They have the ability to read an .iso as if it was a disc in your disk drive. Do you have a physical drive F? It shows up in your picture.
So your saying this play does what Anydvd does???

How did you make the .iso? With AnyDVD, or some other program? If another program, then all AnyDVD did was remove the protection placed on the disc to enable the other program to to create a workable .iso. What I am saying is that another program is allowing you to see the .iso as if it was a disc, AnyDVD has nothing to do with viewing the movie as a disc or on a virtual drive at that point.

How did you make the .iso? With AnyDVD, or some other program? If another program, then all AnyDVD did was remove the protection placed on the disc to enable the other program to to create a workable .iso. What I am saying is that another program is allowing you to see the .iso as if it was a disc, AnyDVD has nothing to do with viewing the movie as a disc or on a virtual drive at that point.
I made the ISO with image burn I didn't use Anydvd, just a straight rip with AACS in tact
When I'm playing the ISO back on the software player Anydvd is still turned off.
I watched the movie all the way through,
Video was smothe and normal.

I made the ISO with image burn I didn't use Anydvd, just a straight rip with AACS in tact
When I'm playing the ISO back on the software player Anydvd is still turned off.
I watched the movie all the way through,
Video was smothe and normal.
The protection was not removed.

Pacific rim 3D
Raw rip playback

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
The protection was not removed.
You say the protection was not removed, but you watched the resulting playback all the way through. I don't think you realize the purpose of AnyDVD yet, without it you would never have gotten to the point of viewing the movie from the .iso. So my question is to you what protection was not removed.

I have to agree with OP, it is possible, i just copyed The Blacklist s1 d1 with imgburn and AnyDVD turned off, and then played the iso in Leawo player, i needed to mount the iso in a virtual drive to play it, still with AnyDVD turned off, if i try to open the iso file directly in Leawo player it comes up with an error

I have to agree with OP, it is possible, i just copyed The Blacklist s1 d1 with imgburn and AnyDVD turned off, and then played the iso in Leawo player, i needed to mount the iso in a virtual drive to play it, still with AnyDVD turned off, if i try to open the iso file directly in Leawo player it comes up with an error
Some conversion is also possible
I was able to produce a h265 file with the same ISO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Actually, I can confirm this report by manixx2020. A fully protected ISO of The 5th Wave mounted using VCD does, in fact, play using Leawo Blu-Ray player without AnyDVD even running. Why this works is beyond me. PowerDVD15 informed me that I should play an original copy and Kodi just wouldn't work, period. manixx2020 isn't wrong or making anything up here.

Actually, I can confirm this report by manixx2020. A fully protected ISO of The 5th Wave mounted using VCD does, in fact, play using Leawo Blu-Ray player without AnyDVD even running. Why this works is beyond me. PowerDVD15 informed me that I should play an original copy and Kodi just wouldn't work, period. manixx2020 isn't wrong or making anything up here.

I wouldn't have thought that the keys info needed for decryption will be on the ISO (Unless Imageburn is storing this info from the original disk in the ISO for AACS to use for decryption).

SO ..... The only thing I can think is that Leawo Player is using a database to get the keys for that volume name and using an "in built" decrypting program.

OR of course something else is going on LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing does IMGBurn does is copy the disc contents 1:1 into an ISO. No more no less, decryption still needs to be done by a third party.

The only thing does IMGBurn does is copy the disc contents 1:1 into an ISO. No more no less, decryption still needs to be done by a third party.

This is what im saying, I would be shocked if Imageburn IS copying the disk 1:1, as far as I know, it only copies the data on the disk and NOT the inner info that holds the info needed for decryption.

In other words it ONLY copies 1:1 the info you would have say on a -R disk, it does NOT copy all the info from a BD ROM.

If it copied a BD ROM byte for byte then there would be NO point in encrypting a disk because the copy ISO would just look like the original and be the same as using the original BD ROM disk.

Copying the data IS doing 1:1, no copy tool can copy the bd-rom mark.

Copying the data IS doing 1:1, no copy tool can copy the bd-rom mark.

Its not just the ROM mark it cant copy.

Other info is not copied, therefore it is NOT a 1:1 copy.

We all know it copies the data 1:1 but this is NOT coping the disk 1:1 which is the only relevance re "how are these disk ISO's being played"

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly, Leawo had (may still have) their own ripping suite that could remove AACS/BD+ independently.
Most likely Leawo player is using it's known keys/database to remove the protection and playback, similar to how AnyDVD would handle an Imgburn protected ISO (assuming it was a disc it had seen before)

On things for sure, the AACS is removed for playback to work, how Leawo is doing that is the question.

As for the player itself, it looks similar to Fab's player. Both were based off Kodi/XBMC.

Back