• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray Playback on Home Theater Skipping Scenes

brawlman

I've noticed on some of my Bluray archives, Warrior and Underworld Awakening, that come to mind, that once AnyDVD (v 7.0.4) "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..." is copied to my harddrive to playback on my Tvix M6500 (Movie Box via Home Theater) there are parts of the movie when played back that skips ahead anywhere from a few seconds to an entire scene. Could this be related to a faulty Bluray disk during the Rip?
Also noticed on Warrior that along with the same mentioned scene skipping there is popping in the audio during playback.
I have not tried Ripping Video DVD to harddisk on default setting, but will give it a try.
Should I try the steps in the "READ errors on Blu-rays? guidelines?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.4.0_Info.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
It's probably the M6500A. Divco abandoned the firmware several years back. Time to upgrade to a cheaper, quieter, cooler machine that is still supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_r
Today 09:43
It's probably the M6500A. Divco abandoned the firmware several years back. Time to upgrade to a cheaper, quieter, cooler machine that is still supported.

Mike,
Does it make sense that its only with certain Blu-ray's? MI4 Ghost Protocol was flawless and all my DVD archives have no issues. I am watching closely the Xstreamer Prodigy Silver and seeing how the FW upgrades go. Any other movie box suggestions?

I gave up on my TVIX ages ago. Jerky image, stuttering sound. Then it worked, then black screen. I even gave it a 2nd chance this weekend, not go. I've got an Oppo BDP93eu, WDTV Live (gen2) and NeoTV 550. All have their pros and cons.

Bluray Playback on Home Theater Skipping Scenes II

Second attempt but "RIP to Image"
I'm wondering if I'm starting the RIP, whether it be to RIP Video DVD to Harddisk or RIP to Image before the disc has been fully scanned and ready for use? I waited this time to make sure and will see what happens...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.4.0_Info_H_UNDERWORLD_AWAKENING.zip
    278.5 KB · Views: 6
Update

Update:
What I forgot to put in the original post was that I was playing back both the RIP Video DVD to Harddisk and RIP to Image over CAT6 to the TVIX M6500A via a Netgear N4500 router to another Linksys router about 75-100' away. I thought I'd try placing the RIP Video DVD to Harddisk Folder on the internal Hardrive of the TVIX and it made no difference. The same file previously viewed with no audio popping but skipped scenes 2-3 seconds now had audio pops and still skipped scenes. Any Ideas?

Back