• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluray playback has no sound

ProtoSpud

Product: ANYDVD HD Trial
Player: Windows Media Player

The video plays just fine, it simply has no sound.

As far as I know I do not have Cinavia but I have the "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" checked in any event. I am using a USB headset and it is set to the default player in WMP and at the OS level. I can hear fine playing other things through WMP.

What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that WMP isn't a licensed player and as such probably can't decide the HD audio. This can have side effects from playing the wrong language instead to no audio at all. Play the disc in powerdvd and it will most likely play fine. WMP doesn't care about cinavia.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

You're missing the fact that WMP isn't a licensed player and as such probably can't decide the HD audio. This can have side effects from playing the wrong language instead to no audio at all. Play the disc in powerdvd and it will most likely play fine. WMP doesn't care about cinavia.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I thank you for the response, but I switched from using Powerdvd because I can't get screenshots or clips from the movie using it. I'm doing reviews of older films and I want to include short clips or screenshots in the review, PowerDVD blocks all of that as far as I can tell.

UPDATE: I was able to get the Audio to work by installing a codec pack from the website below:

https://www.mediaplayercodecpack.com/

Last edited:
Codec packs usually do more harm than good. The reason PDVD blocks blu-ray screenshots is because it has to, copyright. (doesn't for dvd's). Try MPC-BE (media player classic, black edition). Should play them (albeit with no or limited menu) but without the need for codec packs.

Back