• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BluRay Drive Emulation

dburckh

It is possible to emulate a disk via software including the AACS?

Here's why I ask. SlySoft is attempting to remove the AACS and BD+. This has posed a bit of short term problem. So it possible to just copy the disk byte per byte and create an emulator that will feed PowerDVD the information it needs so it thinks it's playing off physical media. Obviously this isn't the long term solution, but it works around being stuck at 3104.

Currently, it is not possible to emulate BluRay Drive. Beside if disk has BD+ then signature can’t be copied in bite and byte mode. Which drive checks weather it is BD-Rom or BD-R or RW.

Others might able to answer this question well than I can

Currently, it is not possible to emulate BluRay Drive. Beside if disk has BD+ then signature can’t be copied in bite and byte mode. Which drive checks weather it is BD-Rom or BD-R or RW.

Others might able to answer this question well than I can

I know it they can be copied because you can do a dd on a PS3 it will do a byte for byte copy. Further, you can already do a backup of a BD+ BluRay to your HDD and play it with Daemon tools and PDVD 3104. That removes the AACS.

The question is what is missing via the dd method to play the disc. I assume there is some sort of drive key.

Possible Yes, Sure no
there could be drive key.

The emulator would also need the BD-rom flag information which isn't copied over properly when you make an ISO

The emulator would also need the BD-rom flag information which isn't copied over properly when you make an ISO

This is all trivial, but it would need a drive certificate signed by AACS LA = forget it.

Virtual CloneDrive will support emulation of BD and HD DVD drives natively,

This is all trivial, but it would need a drive certificate signed by AACS LA = forget it.

Isn't the drive certificate somewhere hidden in the drive's firmware?:confused:

Isn't the drive certificate somewhere hidden in the drive's firmware?:confused:

So that suggests...?

(just for the sake of precision: the certificate is public and crosses the wire as plain data - only the corresponding private key is hidden).

So that suggests...?

(just for the sake of precision: the certificate is public and crosses the wire as plain data - only the corresponding private key is hidden).

The xbox HD DVD drive has suffered very serious hacks. I cannot see why further analysis will not give away the hidden keys. I am not saying that slysoft can/will do this since I am not familiar with your firmware hacking abilities :D but it is possible.

The xbox HD DVD drive has suffered very serious hacks. I cannot see why further analysis will not give away the hidden keys. I am not saying that slysoft can/will do this since I am not familiar with your firmware hacking abilities :D but it is possible.

Oh, well, I'm very sure, that would be an option. But I'm not so sure it's worth the trouble.
Those certificates will get blacklisted just as well and this requires a constant flow of xbox drives :)

Yeah, I wondered about that. I knew there had to be a catch. It was just too simple.

I suppose if you could get into the firmware, you could get the BD+ code cracked too.

These BD+ images are just too freakin' big and running older versions of PDVD works but has issues. Further having to play them on a PS3 or PC sucks (I refuse to buy a player that the BD association will obsolete in a year. I paid $250 for a now obsolete HD DVD player, but that's a heck of a lot better than $400 for a now obsolete BluRay 1.x player).

My preference is to get them widdled down and onto my media center.

Last edited:
Back