• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BlueRay Question

Jammerjonn

I want to upgrade from AnyDVD to HD-Blueray. What type of media do you recommend and can I copy my commerical DVDs to a Blueray disc to improve it's quality? Or is that a waste of time and money? Thanks

I want to upgrade from AnyDVD to HD-Blueray. What type of media do you recommend and can I copy my commerical DVDs to a Blueray disc to improve it's quality? Or is that a waste of time and money? Thanks

Burning a standard DVD to Blu-Ray media will not improve the quality. You can use software to "upscale" the DVD content to 720p or 1080p before burning it but it takes time and a decent upscaling DVD/Blu-Ray player can do a better job, IMHO, with no effort involved. IOW, I believe it's a waste of time and Blu-Ray blanks to copy your DVDs over to Blu-Ray media for the most part. I can see a few very small exceptions but it's not a common thing.

I use either Verbatim SL BD-R 4x rated or Optical Quantum (now Vinpower Digital) SL BD-R 1-4x rated blank media. I have no issues burning at 8x or 10x with those blanks. My burner and my Blu-Ray players like both brands and I've had no issues. For my rewriteable needs I only use Verbatim BD-RE blanks. Again, I've had no issues with my hardware.

In addition what DrinkLyeAndDie wrote you also need Bd-Burner without it you can't burn blu-ray media.

I would say buy drive first then you can look into media supported buy your drive. With that said Verbatim is good brand as well.

Back