• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BlueRay : Getting 5.1 out of rip

Moved2Mac

I have a Mac Pro with Parallels running Windows XP. I installed AnyDVD HD onto XP, and on that Mac Pro installed a Sony blue-ray, I use the AnyDVD HD to rip the movies. In OSX I compress them with Visual Hub, Visual hub (1280*720), and Set them in iTunes. At this time only get stereo out of final product, But looks awesome, and with the raid and the xserver stream them to apple TV at TV location, streams well,
So any thoughts on were I might be loosing the 5.1 sound??
Visual Hub will accept the 5-1 just not from the ripped file???? I’m getting from AnyDVD???

Thanks

Your losing it in Quicktime. Quicktime can't handle 5.1 at this time. Neither can iTunes for that matter.

After the conversion with V.H. it is onle stereo before I play in Qtime and Before i put it in iTunes,

Visual Hub recognizes the fact that Quicktime doesn't support 5.1 audio and is converting it into a format that it and iTunes will play back properly.

Thanks

ibglowin

Any Ideas how to get 5.1 and into iTunes???

Not supported at the moment by Quicktime or iTunes. The fact that Apple just started selling the AppleTV that has an optical fiber output to your TV is a good indication that at some time in the not too distant future Apple will begin selling movies with 5.1 audio and an update should follow shortly after that.

I would hope that we hear something at Apple WWDC conference in a few weeks (Early June)

Back