• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blue screen crashes after installing 8.4.9.4 on Win7x64 fully up-to-date

mbarnstijn

Yes, Win7 is obsolete...thanks for mentioning it. ;)

I installed 8.4.9.4 this past Saturday and started getting blue-screen crashes. There was a long delay between that install and the first crash, so I didn't even look at AnyDVD as the culprit. Then my workstation became unhinged and would blue screen 5 minutes after restarting, or 3 hours, or not even fully boot Windows and then restart. This went on for a few days, with me not sure just what was going on. I reseated all the PCI cards in the computer. I fully powered down the system and all attached devices. I updated the video driver. I looked at everything recently installed. I wondered about web pages I had opened on Saturday.

I managed to stay stable long enough to re-install 8.4.9.3.

The crashing stopped.

Well, that's a first for me. AnyDVD has always been a quiet and well-behaved piece of software for me.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to figure out what the current beta is doing wrong on my computer. Since no one else has reported such trouble, is debugging it even worth the effort? Not knowing what the problem is does make me reluctant to upgrade to the NEXT beta.

Any comments, or suggestions? Besides upgrading to Win10, that is?

Thanks,

--michael

Yes, Win7 is obsolete...thanks for mentioning it. ;)

I installed 8.4.9.4 this past Saturday and started getting blue-screen crashes. There was a long delay between that install and the first crash, so I didn't even look at AnyDVD as the culprit. Then my workstation became unhinged and would blue screen 5 minutes after restarting, or 3 hours, or not even fully boot Windows and then restart. This went on for a few days, with me not sure just what was going on. I reseated all the PCI cards in the computer. I fully powered down the system and all attached devices. I updated the video driver. I looked at everything recently installed. I wondered about web pages I had opened on Saturday.

I managed to stay stable long enough to re-install 8.4.9.3.

The crashing stopped.

Well, that's a first for me. AnyDVD has always been a quiet and well-behaved piece of software for me.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to figure out what the current beta is doing wrong on my computer. Since no one else has reported such trouble, is debugging it even worth the effort? Not knowing what the problem is does make me reluctant to upgrade to the NEXT beta.

Any comments, or suggestions? Besides upgrading to Win10, that is?

Thanks,

--michael
I still use Win 7 64-bit and haven't had an issue. I will say, that I have found that BSOD issues are typically caused by hardware. The last one I helped someone with, had a SSD that was losing sectors and that was causing the BSODs. You might need to investigate a bit further.

Yes, darn it. The system blue-screened again after more than 24 hours. Ok, something else is happening, and it's not AnyDVD. That would have been the more convenient answer but it was lazy of me to come to that conclusion.

I have one SSD in the system that I use for non-essential storage of large files. Mostly for protected UHD iso rips that I keep around until AnyDVD is ready to handle them and then I delete. I will check that one out. I will also further investigate the rest of the hardware.

--michael

What does the system eventlog say? You can try the "WhoCrashed" free edition, too.

EDIT:
And posting an AnyDVD log from a random disc is always a good idea.

Back