Blue screen after anydvd install...

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by petasis, Dec 27, 2007.

1. petasis

petasis New Member

Hi all,

I am a total newbie to anydvd, and to say the truth, I bought it before testing it :)
    I have downloaded the latest anydvd HD and installed it on my pc. My pc runs vista 64 ultimate or a raid-1 (mirroring) partition on a board using the new X38 chipset. (The board is GA-X38-DQ6 - http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2665).
    The cpu is an 6700 on 4GB ram.

I think that anydvd is somehow incompatible with my raid-1 configuration. I installed anydvd, rebooted, and installed the license. After that, I kept getting STOP errors (blue screens) and the raid was degraded.

I rebooted several times, but only the boots to safe mode where successful. As a last attempt, I booted into safe mode and disabled anydvd from running during startup (by editing the registry), and vista booted normally.

I have read most of the sticky posts, and I am not running any software that is incompatible with anydvd. Any hints on how should I proceed?
    Is there a known problem with raid-1 configurations using the intel chipsets?
    Also, my dvd drive is a NEC AD 7173S (sata) plugged also on the intel chipset (where the two drives of the raid-1 and another disk not participating in a raid configuration are plugged).

2. petasis

petasis New Member

Am I the only one with this problem? :confused:

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I am willing to think that the raid configuration is the issue but not 100% sure on that. I run anydvd hd on Vista Ultimate 64 as well without the use of raid with no issues.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

You could try to run AnyDVD in "SafeMode" (AnyDVD Settings->Program Settings)

5. petasis

petasis New Member

I have backed up everything in my pc, and then started again anydvd. Up to now I had no STOPs, crashes or raid degradation. It seems that my vista 64 finally accepted the program :) I will try to use it for a while to see if it will remain this way...