• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blue screen after anydvd install...

petasis

Hi all,

I am a total newbie to anydvd, and to say the truth, I bought it before testing it :)
I have downloaded the latest anydvd HD and installed it on my pc. My pc runs vista 64 ultimate or a raid-1 (mirroring) partition on a board using the new X38 chipset. (The board is GA-X38-DQ6 - http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2665).
The cpu is an 6700 on 4GB ram.

I think that anydvd is somehow incompatible with my raid-1 configuration. I installed anydvd, rebooted, and installed the license. After that, I kept getting STOP errors (blue screens) and the raid was degraded.

I rebooted several times, but only the boots to safe mode where successful. As a last attempt, I booted into safe mode and disabled anydvd from running during startup (by editing the registry), and vista booted normally.

I have read most of the sticky posts, and I am not running any software that is incompatible with anydvd. Any hints on how should I proceed?
Is there a known problem with raid-1 configurations using the intel chipsets?
Also, my dvd drive is a NEC AD 7173S (sata) plugged also on the intel chipset (where the two drives of the raid-1 and another disk not participating in a raid configuration are plugged).

I am willing to think that the raid configuration is the issue but not 100% sure on that. I run anydvd hd on Vista Ultimate 64 as well without the use of raid with no issues.

You could try to run AnyDVD in "SafeMode" (AnyDVD Settings->Program Settings)

I have backed up everything in my pc, and then started again anydvd. Up to now I had no STOPs, crashes or raid degradation. It seems that my vista 64 finally accepted the program :) I will try to use it for a while to see if it will remain this way...

Back