• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu ray seems harder than HD to crack?

No, the first is AACS (and this is about BD+).
And the other information is just the public blah that doesn't cover any technical aspects.
The information required is only available to BD licensees (humongous fees as well) and there is no chance that you will find any of it just by googling the internet.

No, the first is AACS (and this is about BD+).
And the other information is just the public blah that doesn't cover any technical aspects.
The information required is only available to BD licensees (humongous fees as well) and there is no chance that you will find any of it just by googling the internet.

okey...sorry just trying to help SlySoft in anyway I can...:(

I just bought a Sony Bluray player for my TV, and Lite-on Bluray player for my computer. I am anxious to try backing up some discs. Seems like little to lose with 20 day free trial.
You should have bought a HD DVD players / drives instead. ;)

You should have bought a HD DVD players / drives instead. ;)

Now you tell me. Why does Microsoft and Intel seem to want to embrace the lower capacity HD? Is Blurays higher capacity just superfluous hype?

Besides, someone always seems clever enough to crack whatever comes down the pipe....and there is always eBay for the ol Blurays if I get truly discouraged. It's only money.

capacity? Who cares really.....If you are worried about burning, blank media is not cost effective...hard drives are soooo cheap...this media size thing is such a red herring. This is the hard drive era baby!!!

capacity? Who cares really.....If you are worried about burning, blank media is not cost effective...hard drives are soooo cheap...this media size thing is such a red herring. This is the hard drive era baby!!!

You keep all your movies on hard drives?

I understand how the industries thinking and work. I don't blame them for that, what I wanted to say is that the industry may have found a perfect protection for Blu-Ray but not for HD-DVD. So if BD+ remains uncrackable then other movie studios will follow....

There is no "perfect protection", never will be. As soon as someone builds a better mouse, someone else will eventually come along and build a better mouse-trap. Usually that someone is Slysoft. :)

That said there is no reason to support, buy, or get in bed with Sony and its Blue-Ray. HD-DVD is the much less restrictive format and we all need that to win the format war - so as to avoid long term headaches with Sony crap.
The battle cry needs to be: REMEMBER BETAMAX!!!! :D

-W

Betamax was Sony!

This is getting a bit off topic. Regardless which one will win, they are both here today, tomorrow, next week and at least till the end of the year.

Choose whichever you want.

Back