• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray Scanner for Forced Subtitles

DrXenos

Does anyone know of a good tool that can scan a Blu-ray for forced subtitles?

What I am looking for is either a GUI tool that can do a full disc scan (or even a given set of titles), or a command line tool that I could script to do a multi-title scan.

Currently, I am using BDtoAVCHD, but that can only scan one title at a time. For TV show boxed sets, this can be quit laborious (unless a "play all" title is present). If the tool had a command line interface, I would just script it.

BDInfo can do a full disc scan, but doesn't report forced subtitles.

Tell me if I'm wrong, I don't think CloneBD can do what I want either.

MakeMKV can partially do what I want (in a roundabout way), and it has (somewhat limited) command line interface. It can be used to detect forced subtitles by telling it to generate a separate track for them, and then checking for its presence. This is far from ideal for many reasons, including the fact it requires extracting the titles and doesn't help with forced tracks (which is different than a track that contains forced entries), or tracks that aren't marked at all. Plus, it's command line interface is all or 1 (extracting multiple titles requires multiple scans).

Thanks,
DrX

Back