• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray ripping very slow

Hi folks,

I have a problem with AnyDVD-HD and my BluRay ROM (Pioneer BDC-202). I get about 4 MB/sec while ripping a movie which takes more than 3 (three!!!) hours on a BD-50. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong here?

Check for DMA Mode

1. Right click on My Computer
2. Select Properties
3. Click on Hardware
4. Click on Device Manager
5. Double click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
6. Double click on Primary channel
7. Click Advanced Settings and check it says DMA if available and is set to Ultra DMA, mode 5.
8. Do the same for the secondary channel -- it should be Ultra DMA, mode 2.

I've been looking around for some info about your BDC-202. It is rated as a medium range unit and it supposedly reads Blu-Ray discs at 5X..........that could contribute to the slow read times.

I checked my BIOS on an Intel board for PIO/DMA settings for SATA:
Boot into BIOS...Go to "Drive Configuration"...Select the SATA port that the BDC-202 is connected to(0-1-2-3-4..it should NOT be the lowest digit)....Hit the "Enter" key...Select "TYPE" and hit "Enter"...Select "Auto or User" and hit the "Enter" key....In "USER" you will find the settings for PIO/DMA for each SATA Port. When "Auto" is selected, it "should" automatically be DMA.

Last edited:
I've been looking around for some info about your BDC-202. It is rated as a medium range unit and it supposedly reads Blu-Ray discs at 5X..........that could contribute to the slow read times.

I checked my BIOS on an Intel board for PIO/DMA settings for SATA:
Boot into BIOS...Go to "Drive Configuration"...Select the SATA port that the BDC-202 is connected to(0-1-2-3-4..it should NOT be the lowest digit)....Hit the "Enter" key...Select "TYPE" and hit "Enter"...Select "Auto or User" and hit the "Enter" key....In "USER" you will find the settings for PIO/DMA for each SATA Port. When "Auto" is selected, it "should" automatically be DMA.

It's all fine and like i said it worked before... Just not sure with which version of AnyDVD.

It's all fine and like i said it worked before... Just not sure with which version of AnyDVD.

Pause your Cursor over the AnyDVD Icaon in C:-My Computer-Program Files-AnyDVD...the version will show. Simpler yet..download and install the latest version.

Hi folks,

I have a problem with AnyDVD-HD and my BluRay ROM (Pioneer BDC-202). I get about 4 MB/sec while ripping a movie which takes more than 3 (three!!!) hours on a BD-50. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong here?

I've experienced a similar problem in the past. The problem persisted no matter what program I used to rip BD. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem but it worked for me. I generally use Nero 8 to make ISO back-ups of BD and as you stated it took more than 3 hours to rip a BD until I went into the drive settings and disabled "BD defect management"

dbdriveni5.jpg

Back