• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Rip, then write

njr

Hi

I ripped a Blu Ray Movie to my hard disk with AnyDVD-HD, which worked a treat.

Can I write this back to a Blu Ray Disk for playback in a standalone Blu Ray Player. I know technically I can, but because of the encryption/key issues, will it play. I'm not sure what AnyDVD-HD does with the keys.

Thanks

sorry for the n00b question... Which program did you used to rip Blu-Ray and can you share with us the process? I have AnyDVD-HD but are struggling with Clone DVD Mobile to save a Blu-Ray movie to my hard drive. Thank you.

sorry for the n00b question... Which program did you used to rip Blu-Ray and can you share with us the process? I have AnyDVD-HD but are struggling with Clone DVD Mobile to save a Blu-Ray movie to my hard drive. Thank you.

Right-click on the fox icon in your systray and you'll see "Rip Video HD HD DVD / Blu-Ray to harddisk...". For now that's the Slysoft method and it's freely part of AnyDVD HD. :)

OMG! Thank you!! Thank you!! :clap:

Right-click on the fox icon in your systray and you'll see "Rip Video HD HD DVD / Blu-Ray to harddisk...". For now that's the Slysoft method and it's freely part of AnyDVD HD. :)

Also clonedvd or clonecd or clonedvd mobile doesn't support HD or Blu Ray just yet.

One thing I have been thinking about is whether or not one can use Roxio to burn blu ray titles to blu ray disc. DVDit Pro HD (a Roxio product) is capable of creating playable blu ray discs (this is a $600 program however). So, if this is in fact true, then theoretically I think it should be able to write a ripped movie to disc. This would be a problem with HD DVD due to the VC-1 codec, but most Blu Ray HD discs use MPEG 2, so it should work. I don't have a blu ray burner, but I would certainly be moved to get one if this procedure works.

Last edited:
Blu Ray, Rip then write - IT WORKS

Hi

Just to follow up my previous post:

I ripped a BluRau movie to hard disk, using AnyDVD HD.
Then without AnyDVD loaded, I could play the movie from Hard Disk using WinDVD 8HD. I wrote the folder to a BluRay disk using Nero & the movie played from my Blu Ray writer via WinDVD WITHOUT AnyDVD loaded.

So, I guess that my written Blu Ray disk doesn't have any encryption or keys.

Does anyone know if this would play on a standalone Blu Ray Player or do disks in player have to have keys ?

Thanks all & hope Clone HD-DVD/Blu Ray is out soon !

It sounds like you simply created a data blu ray disc. In other words, I would almost certainly think it will not play on a stand alone blu ray player.

I posted this elsewhere recently but it seems applicable here too.

Dear valued customer,

thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

1. & 2.) Playback of HD DVD and BD movies will be possible with Nero ShowTime in one of the upcoming versions of Nero 7.5. Unfortunately we currently don't have any information as of when exactly this feature will be included.

3. & 4.) Burning of data HD DVDs and BDs is possible with the current version of Nero 7.

5. & 6.) The functionality to create and burn HD DVD and BD movies in high resolution will be added to Nero at a later date. We curently have no information about if this will be added to Nero 7.5 or only to a later version of Nero.

Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

So the short answer seems to be “no”, it likely will not work in a STB BD player because the disc it was written to was formatted as a data disc (not a movie disc). There are software packages that claim to be able to burn BD discs that should be playable in a BD STB player but those applications probably wouldn’t know what to do with the native files ripped from a BD or a BD in ISO form.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_3_ENU.html

In theory, you would have to wait for a burning application like Nero to support such burn capabilities or a conversion application that can convert the ripped native BD files to a HD format that will maintain the quality and then use a program that can import this file and burn it to a BD in movie format.

Well if it is an on the fly ripper / decrypter couldn't you use either and do a burn?

Hey Oct!
Guess I'll have to break down and buy a blank and try not to burn a $20 coaster...

Last edited:
Firstly Id Like To Confirm That Yes ! You Can Rip A Blu-ray Then Burn It Back On A Blu-ray Disc That Plays In A Standalone Bd Player , Ive Now Done 7 Of Them And Are All Working Fine , 4 Of Them Where Bd 25gig
So I Put The Whole Lot Back On A Disc And Menu Special Features All Work , All You Need Do Is Write The Bdmv And The Certificate Folder To A Udf 2.50 Image Then Burn Back To A Bd 25gig Disc Then Your Done.
For Discs That Are 50gig You Need To Remux The Main M2ts File Located In The Bdmv\stream ( Its About 22 Gig ) Open, Then Take All Pgs (aka Sub Files) Out Plus Audio Languages You Dont Want ,then Select Create Blu-ray Disc , Then Start Muxing , It Then Creates The Bdmv And Certificate Folders Again , Then Write Them To A Udf 2.50 Burn On Disc !!!done 8)8)8)
Programes Tsmuxer Gui -- Img Burn And Of Course Anydvd Hd

Last edited:
You are aware that the last post is 17 months old and that many of us have written hundreds of Blu-rays back to disc since then?

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/

The thing you have to be concerned about is if the type of Blu-ray player you choose will play the type of media you put the Blu-ray structure on.

EXAMPLE:

Will you Blu-ray player play DVD+R DL (BD-9) OR DVD+R (BD-5) if you player plays this type of media WITH A BLU-RAY STRUCTURE BURNED ON IT then you should have no problems building a Blu-ray structure on the media of your choice and play on a standalone player.

Check out the above web site and plug-in the options you want your Blu-ray player to have and see what Blu-ray players play DVD+R DL(BD-9) OR DVD+R (BD-5)
:D

Here is something else to consider if you choose to go the portable hi def route hardware Blu-ray players OVER the software players and media center computers.

1. It is getting harder and harder to find hardware standalone Blu-ray players that will play home made Blu-ray structure built on a BD-5 or BD-9 blank media, sure they will all play the commercial BD-ROM disks. I believe this is going to be a copy protection issue in the future.

2. So if you choose the portable hi def media route as I have chosen, now is the time to get your standalone hardware Blu-ray player while you can still get one that will play home made Blu-ray structure on a blank BD-5 or BD-9. They all can play on a BD-R (25gb)

Here is something else to consider if you choose to go the portable hi def route hardware Blu-ray players OVER the software players and media center computers.

1. It is getting harder and harder to find hardware standalone Blu-ray players that will play home made Blu-ray structure built on a BD-5 or BD-9 blank media, sure they will all play the commercial BD-ROM disks. I believe this is going to be a copy protection issue in the future.

2. So if you choose the portable hi def media route as I have chosen, now is the time to get your standalone hardware Blu-ray player while you can still get one that will play home made Blu-ray structure on a blank BD-5 or BD-9. They all can play on a BD-R (25gb)

I don't find this to be the case, I'm finding that Blu-ray players are playing those kind of discs with no problems as long as they are authored properly.

AnyDVD HD is not designed for compression, it's designed purely to remove the copy protection.

Last edited:
Back