• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu ray Regions

mashspud

Hi. Being a total noob and getting into HD on the pc, ive come across small problem playing surfs up region A.

All it says is there is a region mismatch

using power dvd ultra build (f) Iknow most people are using the older verions but loads of discs refuse to play hence using later one.

Now I have quite a few region A discs and they all play fine apart from this any ideas?

I don`t care about backing up disks nor do I wish to play them from hard drives just want to watch them.

if you got problems with the region codes try to deactivate the auto- region remove option in anydvdhd

if you got problems with the region codes try to deactivate the auto- region remove option in anydvdhd
Ok I did that.. It wont play without it or with it set to region A

btw I live in region B powerdvd is set to region B

Sorry for sounding a bit noobish. But everyone has to start somewhere. Just banging my head against the wall trying to understand this.

hm.. and whats happened if you set it to region b?

i got this problem with some blu-rays also , but it works for me if i change the region code in anydvdhd..

I know what you mean the region B films work fine without anydvd running (like it should)

anydvd enabled toggle it to region B insert region B film and it works

now if I set it to region A insert region A imports , gives me loads of hassle

ratatouille region A plays fine

Surf up Dont

However HD dvd imports they all play just seems to be a problem with blu ray

perhaps you should send the files from the movie to slysoft and they try to fix the problem in the next version of anydvdhd

this text is from webslinger (sorry for the copy)

1. Using what version of Anydvd? Was the AI scanner set to "default"?

2. Describe the method you used to backup the disc, please.

3. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Last edited:
HD DVD's don't have region coding which is why you have no problem with them.

BD region settings in AynDVD HD don't work very well. Had lots of probkems with them too. My solution. Disable AnyDVD and set region in PDVD. When your 5 changes are up:

version 3516: delete brf.dat from ProgramData/Cyberlink/PowerDVD/... folder and you'll have 5 new changes.

previous vesions: delete CLDSHOWX.ini from PDVD folder to get 5 new changes.

Back