• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray region codes and zones?

Marcial

If this subject is already explained in the forum, please direct me to that post.

Regular DVDs come with region codes (1 thru 8, I believe) and zones (A,B,C), is that correct or "zones" are only for blu-ray discs?

I received a commercial blu-ray disc from Europe, which is Zone B, as indicated on the back of the case. My blu-ray player would not play this title.

My question, would AnyDVD HD remove that "zone B" as it does with the region codes so that the copy I make would be compatible with my blu-ray player?

Thanks a lot, d00zah. That explains ti.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 17
Keep in mind "Automatic" does NOT always work, if anydvd fails to detect a region you MUST specify a region mentioned on the packaging or if no region is mentioned the region where you got the disc from. Specifying an incorrect region WILL render the disc/rip useless.

Ch3vron, that's exactly what happened to me. I thought that "automatic" will take care of it.

Thanks again, but before I leave this post please allow me one more question.

Do blu-ray discs also have to do with the PAL/NTSC system? Because I can convert from PAL to NTSC or the other way around with IfoEdit or other software but that's when I work with DVD not blu-ray.

As far as the main title is concerned no, PAL/NTSC doesn't exist. Bonus features is a different matter, that material CAN be PAL/NTSC. While EU players hardly ever choke on NTSC stuff, the opposite IS true. NTSC only player can refuse playback of the entire disc if ANY pal content is "detected".

Wow, that's great!

Thanks a lot again.

I have a couple of Blu-ray 3D and 2D 2-disc sets of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" and "Metallica-Through The Never" both are manufactured to region "B/2" European zone that I have run through AnyDVD to make region "free" or region "A" ISO files to copy to DL and single layer Blu-ray discs and it does not change the regions. Both titles stay as region "B" disc's on both 3D and 2D versions when played on Panasonic BDT310 Blu-ray player. The "automatic" is not working here. Do I need to post this somewhere else so this can be updated to work in an upcoming AnyDVD release? Should I use CloneBD?

Last edited:
There is no setting of AnyDVD HD that creates a "region A" ISO file.

That is a slight misunderstanding of the way the region code removal works: AnyDVD removes the region detection software that is embedded in the files on a Blu-ray disc. After it does that, the disc appears to be region-free whether played in a software player, or if an unprotected ISO created using AnyDVD is burned to a disc and played in a stand-alone player. (Protected ISOs do NOT remove any encryption or region code.) To remove the region detection software, AnyDVD has to know what region the disc is FROM. It is not important to AnyDVD and not useful to know what region the player (software or otherwise) will be.

In my use of AnyDVD HD, which is to create ISOs and (almost) nothing else, I've set the options as follows: Remove Region Code, checked. Always ask for region code of inserted disc, selected.

My workflow looks like this:

When you insert an original disc and AnyDVD asks you to select the region code always choose the region code of the original disc's place of manufacture -- even if it says it's region free on the back. For quite a few discs, AnyDVD will figure out for itself what the region is the FIRST time it sees the disc. Once you've chosen the region code the first time, it WILL come up with your choice the next time you insert it. If you've chosen wrong the FIRST time, you'll have to set it correctly the next time.

After AnyDVD processes the disc and it's and ready to use for your ISO creation purposes, BEFORE you rip, check the AnyDVD status window and see what it says about your disc. If it says it detected and removed the region lock, you're ok. If it says the user selected a region (the region printed on the disc packaging!) and it removed a possible region lock, you're done. If it says the disc is region free you could also just leave it, or eject the disc and reinsert it and tell AnyDVD that the disc is region free.

Now you can create your ISO and the ISO will have region detection removed.

Every burned disc and every ISO I've ever created this way works perfectly in all software and standalone Blu-ray players where I've tried it. This includes 3D, 2D discs from all three regions, and region AB and ABC discs. (I haven't seen BC or AC discs.)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

--michael

And to add to previous post. If you select to remove the region you must have the correct region for the disc selected for the removal to be do properly.
If it doesn't state the region on the back then select the region for which the disc was sold in/for.

Back