Blu Ray Read Errors

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Idreams, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

Hello,

while i am trying to copy few Blu ray disks or dvd disks, i am getting Read Error. i am not getting this error for all disks. only to specific disks

is the error bcoz of disk or bcoz of my dvd drive ?

I bought this drive like 8 years back and copied many dvds and blu rays

2. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Please see the link below, especially the part about Blu-ray errors, which is post#2 in the link:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.71489/

:)

kufo likes this.
  3. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

A log file would be helpful here. With such an old drive you can be sure that the fault is in the drive. It begins with little errors and up to refusing to read some disc types.
    A think a new drive will be good here. Depending on what you want to do a normal BD drive could be enough.
    If you wish to read UHD-BD , please look here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, just because the drive is old doesn't mean they're defective. ALL 3 of my optical drives in my current system (check forum signature) are rather old, yet still perform perfectly to this day. The most likely culprit with read errors is a dirty/defective disc.

5. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

Nobody is quick here with conlusions. An 8 year old drive that was often used is supposed to break at a near point. I have old drives here too but I would not be surprised if one of them would die soon.
    To be sure in this you can only read one disc in two diffrent drives and see how they behave. In one point you are right: Cleaning is cheaper than buying a new drive. :)

6. Ch3vr0n

Saying 'you can be sure it's the drive', that's a pretty firm statement saying for a fact it's the drive at fault.

That's the very definition of jumping to the conclusion that the drive is at fault.

That's again jumping to conclusion that the problem is with the drive, and that there's a predetermined date of failure embedded in the drive. Yes, old drives are more likely to fail,but it's nowhere near a given fact you make it sound it is.

I've experienced first hand that a brand new drive failed in a few months where one I have for years before it still functions just fine.

There has been no logfile as of yet, let alone a specific error message posted. So making a definitive statement the fault is with the drive, is a very bold assumption backed up with zero evidence.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

Thanks for all your responses. i will add the log file shortly.

8. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

Log file is attached.

Attached Files:

kufo likes this.
  9. Ch3vr0n

Since you still havent stated the specific error message you get ("read errors" is pretty vague), the only thing at this time i can see with that is

* that lower class filter iaStorF, related to intel rapid storage drivers which you shouldn't need to have installed unless you run a storage drive raid configuration
    * the fact that you're still using windows 7.

I'm gonna go with dirty/defective disc.

10. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

i have added the log file in my previous reply. isnt that log file enough to get to know the error ?
    if not, can you tell me on how to create log file during the copy as the copy stops after certain percentage giving read error

11. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to continue discussing it. Until the user makes a clear statement, one can only guess. Since I haven't just started watching movies and drives yesterday, my assumption has a reason.
    I don't always have to be right, but neither do I let my experience be disputed. If I post something then I want to help someone. Incidentally, my guess is not bold, but your overloaded explanation of my statement...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  12. Ch3vr0n

Not this time. The logfile doesn't mention a specific read error. Anydvd however should, when you try to rip. Try cleaning the disc with a microfiber cloth and re-rip. If it fails again, anydvd should tell you in a message dialogue about the specific error. That's a vital piece of info.

13. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

i have attached the error screenshot. is this what you are looking for ?

Attached Files:

kufo likes this.
  14. Ch3vr0n

That's the one, now it's in the hands of @James to make a final statement.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

15. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

Similar error happened with Home Alone Blu ray too. Attached are the logs

Attached Files:

16. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Try to remove the iaStor Filter driver, it really doesn't do anything useful for reading optical discs.
    But I believe your disc(s) and / or drive is dirty and or defective.

whatever_gong82 and kufo like this.
  17. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

Thanks James. do you think issue is with drive or disk ?. if its drive, i can purchase new one. but few other dvds and blu rays are reading fine

18. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  19. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

How in the world did you jump to there? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

20. Idreams

Idreams Active Member

i should have been more precise in my previous post. few blu rays and dvds are reading. but few gives read error. this is my situation
    i think i should use the cleanign disks for both bluray and dvd sensors