• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray question

guile

Is there any way to decrypt a Blu Ray title that is sitting on the hard drive in encypted form? (other then creating an .iso of the folder and mounting on a virtual drive)

Is there any way to decrypt a Blu Ray title that is sitting on the hard drive in encypted form? (other then creating an .iso of the folder and mounting on a virtual drive)
No. And it won't work from an .iso either.

No. And it won't work from an .iso either.

James- Just curious why it doesn't work. Just for ha ha's, I created an .iso of a decrypted blu ray and mounted (w virtual clone drive). When I mount the image, I see the "Sly" folder appear (and aacs folder dissappear) just as if I loaded a blu ray disc into the blu ray drive. It also is able to "Rip" the Blu Ray movie to the hard drive. As you said though, it don't decrypt. This was more an experiment (even if it is/was a time waster).

g

James- Just curious why it doesn't work. Just for ha ha's, I created an .iso of a decrypted blu ray and mounted (w virtual clone drive).
Decrypted?

When I mount the image, I see the "Sly" folder appear (and aacs folder dissappear) just as if I loaded a blu ray disc into the blu ray drive.
This is a bug. If AnyDVD doesn't decrypt, it shouldn't rename the AACS folder.

Decrypted?

This is a bug. If AnyDVD doesn't decrypt, it shouldn't rename the AACS folder.

I meant ENcrypted. That's interesting. I tried with 2 encrypted blu ray titles stored on my hd. I tried with both beta versions and the same result,
non-playable.

g

I meant ENcrypted. That's interesting. I tried with 2 encrypted blu ray titles stored on my hd. I tried with both beta versions and the same result,
non-playable.

g
Sure, I told you, didn't I? :D
AnyDVD can only decrypt from the original disc (btw, the same is true for CSS protected DVDs).

Sure, I told you, didn't I? :D
AnyDVD can only decrypt from the original disc (btw, the same is true for CSS protected DVDs).

Yes, James...you did tell me. As I said, I like to experiment. When I saw the AACS folder was renamed, I thought perhaps I hit pay dirt. Oh well.

g

Yes, James...you did tell me. As I said, I like to experiment. When I saw the AACS folder was renamed, I thought perhaps I hit pay dirt. Oh well.
No, you discoverd a bug. :D
(Will be fixed in the next version)

Some Other Blu-Ray Questions

Hello,

Here are some other Blu-Ray question:

1. What is the difference between the Blu-Ray Region protection structure and the DVD Region protection structure :confused: (of course, besides the fact Blu-Ray seems to have only three Regions [are there really no special Regions like the DVD Regions 7 and 8, and would it be possible generate them?])?

2. Is there a software-based way to make captures / screenshots from Blu-Rays and HDs? PowerDVD Ultra and WinDVD HD-BD do not allow that.

3. Can Blu-Ray/HD files copied to a harddisk be converted to a common format other players can read (.AVI, .MPEG, etc.)?

Thank you and many greetings :) ,

A Friend

3. Can Blu-Ray/HD files copied to a harddisk be converted to a common format other players can read (.AVI, .MPEG, etc.)?

Thank you and many greetings :) ,

A Friend

Why do this? If you did you would loose total HD viewing meaning that you would be watching a SD most likely.

Back