• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Players and other questions

montevideano

I'm trying to understand better the backup process of some of my blu-discs.
I have several questions, and I apologize that I have not answers for them:
Some of my backup discs will play in both of my Blu-ray players, while some of them will only play in one of them. Why?

What is the BDMV structure folder for? How can I use it?

I also not sure what folks talk about "playlists". Can you open different playlists? How.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I'm trying to learn in how best backup my discs.

Montevideano

Q1: what brand of blank discs are you using? What are your players? Are you getting any error messages?

Q2: it's the Blu-ray version of the 'video_ts' folders on DVD's. Use it? That depends what you want to do

Q3: most Blu-ray movies are made up of lots of small video sections. A playlist is as the name suggests a list of those clips that tells a player that knows how to handle them, which clips to play and in what particular order.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Ch3vrOn,
As always, thank you very much for your prompt response.

Q1: My blanks are Digistor BD-R 50 GB and I have two players: a) Samsung BD-H6600 and b) Panasonic DMP-BD55. So far, I have no problems playing my discs on the Samsung but some of the discs won't play in the Panasonic, nor in the CloneBD player.

Q2: Right now, the only way I know how to backup my disc is to create a ISO and burn it with ImgBurn. I believe this is suppose to be the best way to do the backup.

Q3: I'm not sure how to use the playlists to make a good copy of my backup. Doesn't CloneBD do that for you?

Once again, thank you very much for your assistance.

Montevideano

1. That's likely your problem. Cheap crap and the players probably just don't 'like' them. My mom's bd50 plays everything I throw at it, bit then again I only use the real good verbatim stuff.

2. That's a good way, I do my burning with it too. Shrinking discs however, for that I use CloneBD.

3. You don't. When AnyDVD correctly decrypts a title, CloneBD will automatically use the correct playlist and everything will be just peachy. I always recommend to test the CloneBD output in a software player like PowerDVD BEFORE you burn it to a physical disc. That way you'll

1) know the menu etc works, the disc loads as it should and playback starts as it should

2) the movie scene order is correct and movie playback is normal

This because there is a protection called 'screenpass', who's sole purpose is to hide the correct playlist and load an incorrect one if the protection isnt correct removed

Dear Ch3vron,

1. I won't argue that the blanks that I'm using may be cheap crap. The only question I have is they are not good, they should not play in any player or computer, but I have some discs that are recognized in all players and computers and other discs only play in my Samsung player. I'll purchase some Verbatim and see the outcome.

2. I believe that I don't need to shrink since I use 50GB blanks.

3. Is PowerDVD the software for your computer?

4. Is screenpass removed by AnyDVD Hd?

Thanks for all your input.

Montevideano

1. That's likely your problem. Cheap crap and the players probably just don't 'like' them.
If Digistor is still using Panasonic blanks they're among the best media you can get ...better than Verbatim ;)

...and please don't repeat that Panasonic media is B grade if you don't want to embarrass yourself.

@montevideano
Would you please check the blanks' Media ID in ImgBurn ?
If you don't have the Professional Grade ones it's probably CMCMAG DI6 - and those just don't work well in LG and LiteOn burners.

Last edited:
They are B grade from my experience. The ones I used failed quick. Some players are more picky then others. That said do not pick up verbatim in a store. The good ones you need to order online. If you use double layer is then you don't need to shrink no. Yes PowerDVD is what I use. Screenpass is removed yes by AnyDVD if it knows the disc. If it's a new title a logfile may be required to update the OPD so AnyDVD will know what to do.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your input. I'll continue to get a backup that plays in both of my players. Maybe, eventually, I may replace the Panasonic player. I wish I could go to a Website to learn how AnyDVDHD and CloneBD work. Anyway, thank you for all you input. I guess I'm a bit more educated than yesterday.
Montevideano

AnyDVD guide: http://docs.redfox.bz/
CloneBD pretty much works the same as CloneDVD, just a different video format.

@montevideano
Would you please post the MID of a problematic disc ?

MID.jpg

They are B grade from my experience.
Next time you call them B grade please take into account that each and every expert deems them the best in quality and durability.

Last edited:
Tourist,

My wife and I are on our way for a weekend escapade. I take a look at the disc upon my return.

I appreciate your assistance,

Montevideano

I call em B grade based on my personal experience, at least it aint C grade memorex stuff

Che3vrOn and Tourist,

Wow, do I owe you guys an apology. We got back yesterday, after having a couple days away from home, I directly went to my computer. I was ready to check to MID of a problematic disc, to realize that the disc was backed up on what probably is a chip disc. I won't mention the brand not to embarrass the company or myself. I backup my original on a Digistro BD-R and worked perfectly. I just learned a new lesson.
So now I have a couple questions for you guys:
1) What is the brand of backup blu-ray blank disc you buy for your backups?
2) What is the significance of the MID that Tourist asked me for?

My apologies and many thanks for your assistance.

Me personally i only use genuine verbatim (there's a couple cheap versions of them too, but i know where to get my quality stuff). What's the significance of the MID. Well every blank disc has a MID (Media IDentifier), which can be used to determine the actual manufacturer of the disc. Eg: a package sold by "memorex" for example when you insert a blank disc can show a MID beginning with CMC like "CMC MAG M01". That's about the worst quality blanks you can get. Verbatim's i use start with either MCC, MKM or VERBAT (depending on the blank disc type). That's about the best you can get.

For me there's 3 grades

A) Genuine Verbatim & Tayo Yuden (if you can find them, they stopped producing blank discs)
B) Panasonic, Sony, well known in the hardware world (TV's, optical drives, players,...)
C) RiTek, RiData, memorex,... cheap crap that if you manage to get a succesful burn usually is unreadable in the same drive immediately after or becomes unreadable very quickly due to degrading recording layer.

Che3vrOn,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

So the MID of the Digistor blank disc is: MEI-RBI-001

I do most of my shopping at Amazon. I the Verbatim blank disc at Amazon but how do I know if they are genuine? They seem to sell different types of Verbatim blank discs. Unfortunately they don't mention the MID in the description.

Thanks,

Montevideano

Except for the blu-rays, the verbatim HAVE to come with the AZO logo, and DONT pick them up in brick stores. Those are usually the "life series" and not too well even if sold under the verbatim mark. The good ones are "Datalife Plus"

Hello Ch3vrOn and Tourist,
It's almost time to buy some new blanks and I'm trying to understand a bit more about them. I purchase mostly everything online. I imagine what you mean by "brick stores" actual stores in wherever place we live. On amazon when you look at verbatim blanks they dont show the AZO logo I'm not sure the show the Datalife Plus. The have regular ones and then they have some that are written with foreign characters. Also, I wonder what blanks does Tourist buys. Hopefully, with your guys recommendation I can buy some good blanks and not face any problems. Thanks you guys.

Back