• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Player Software

M

Morpheus

guys is there any software out there will play blu-ray discs on the sony BWR 100A blu ray burner tried power dvd it dont work and win dvd didnt work for me is there any that will work

guys is there any software out there will play blu-ray discs on the sony BWR 100A blu ray burner tried power dvd it dont work and win dvd didnt work for me is there any that will work
PowerDVD Ultra is full of bugs, but it works.

OK, help me to understand this I had a 8,000 dollar editing computer built to edit and play blue ray movies.

I buy a blue ray movie from Walmart and it will not play on my computer. Power dvd gives a message that my video card, driver, and display are not compliant.

So I hear about this any dvd software will make it work but when I rip the movie to my hard drive and try to play it I still get the same error message.

Ok I am reading the forum and I glean that you have to upgrade power dvd for it to work. The power dvd that I am using came with the blue ray burner.

So if I upgrade my power dvd will it work or is it still going to want me to change my video card. The card is a Matrox Parahella video card designed for video editing.

I bought the Blue Ray disk and have no intention of stealing anything I just want to play my movie.

How can I make this thing work?

OK, help me to understand this I had a 8,000 dollar editing computer built to edit and play blue ray movies.

I buy a blue ray movie from Walmart and it will not play on my computer. Power dvd gives a message that my video card, driver, and display are not compliant.

So I hear about this any dvd software will make it work but when I rip the movie to my hard drive and try to play it I still get the same error message.

Ok I am reading the forum and I glean that you have to upgrade power dvd for it to work. The power dvd that I am using came with the blue ray burner.

So if I upgrade my power dvd will it work or is it still going to want me to change my video card. The card is a Matrox Parahella video card designed for video editing.

I bought the Blue Ray disk and have no intention of stealing anything I just want to play my movie.

Cyberlink lists the system requirements here.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/require_112_ENU.html#vista

AnyDVD HD eliminates the need for a HDCP monitor or TV.

What graphics card and what version of powerdvd?

I had the same problem with my computer and display too. What they neglict to tell you is that there is an update patch.

Once you install the patch everything will work great.

Unfortunately I am not downstairs at my HTPC or I would list the link here, if you continue to have problems, I will post the patch later.

Sounds like the Matrox video card is the problem. I gave up on them when they wouldn't supply video capture software for a card that they specifically said they would provide software for under Windows 2000.

You either need to replace that card or, if you have a second PCI-Express slot on the motherboard of your editing computer, you can try installing a PowerDVD certified video card and use it for playback on a second monitor. If you're going to this I would suggest buying a video card locally so you can take it back if it doesn't work.

If you don't have a second PCI-E slot, then another option is to replace the motherboard so that you can add the second video card.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy a Blu-ray player and connect it to a HDTV or buy or build another computer that meets the PowerDVD requirements.

If you still can, take the computer that you bought at Walmart back. I'm reasonably sure that it won't be worth the effort to make it Blu-ray playback capable.

Last edited:
Back