• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Playback on Nero 8

Interesting. I actually do download the realtek driver every time they're updated. That's what I installed yesterday that made a slight difference in playback. Why it's not taking it correctly I'm not sure. I'll have to see what's going on with that.

As for the Hauppauge card, I use that more than I use BD playback on that machine, so, it's not going anywhere. :) I could try taking it out temporarily just to see if it makes any difference, but, if that's the problem, Showtime and I are not likely to get along. ;)

Still, I'll check on the audio driver issue when I get home. Thanks for the input!

Alright this is freaking me out now. I checked in device manager and it shows the driver as being the realtek 6.0.1.5582 driver. What's up with that?? I'm confused now.

Looks like your driver reverted!
Here's something you should really do, right now, today, before doing anything else: Go to windows update from the start menu (or the tools option in IE). Chose custom/advanced, and chose the Microsoft Update install (if you haven't installed that yet.
After a restart go to www.update.microsoft.com and download EVERYTHING available for your system. If you have advanced updates hidden restore them. If you skipped something before restore it. Download Service Pack 1 last!
All the privacy reasons for not updating are solved/resolved with Service Pack 1, as they remove, revert, and disable the phone-home settings, eliminate the WGA system (and remove it) and also uninstall the WGADRM rootkit that came with Vista hotfixes.
There is alot that you are missing if you only let the automatic update settings work, or don't update at all.
If Service Pack 1 is available on Microsoft update already download that as well, if it's not let me know and I'll PM you with a direct link to the final version of SP1 from MSDN.
Let me know if you have any problems and then after that gets down, I can step-by-step you through temporarily (or permanently if you wish) disable some of the so-called security features in vista that are causing your drivers and system internals to revert, or not install at all. Link-by-link, driver-by-driver.

Uh, I've had SP1 installed on that machine since the day it was released on MSDN. :) My machines are *ALWAYS* up to date...especially when it comes to windows update. There's nothing missing from there, believe me. I'm quite anal when it comes to that as the people I work with can attest. (I get annoyed with them if they run an unpatched machine on our corporate network even though security is not my responsibility.) UAC is off on that machine (for an HTPC why the hell would I need security like that enabled?! :)). I'll try uninstalling the driver, clearing out any "leftovers" from the file system and registry, and reinstalling it. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Can Anyone Please Help Me!!

Nero Tech support totally sucks at helping me get my Blu-Ray plug-in to work (which I paid for). I have the most updated version of Windows XP, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphics, and 780sli nvidia motherboard and Intel Core2 Extreme CPUx9650 3.0 GHz...all with the most updated drivers. I've done a complete install of windows and updates and downloaded the most current version of Nero 8 and still can't run Blu-Ray.

My Super Multi-Blu LG Blu-Ray drive GGW-H20L runs and burn regular CDs and DVDs fine but the Nero plug-in doesn't work. To add more insult to injury. The software by Cyberlink PowerDVD that came with the drive also doesn't work. It keeps asking me to upgrade. I've uninstalled but can't remove the item from the registry to reinstall. I don't know if that is the problem for that.

Anyway since I've upgrade Nero 8. I want Nero to work....8/
please help!!

more information is needed. It has to be something on your system causing the problem especially as you can't get powerdvd to work either. I have both on my systems and they work fine with Blu-ray. You don't actually say what you mean by 'they don't work' what are you trying to do. are you trying to play them as full discs? as files? from the original disc or from an image on the harddrive? Is your screen HTCP compliant? If not are you running AnyDVD HD to remove the AACS encryption?

Nero 8 Blue Ray Plug In

I have the latest Nero 8 and have installed the Blue Ray plug-in. It succeeds only in crashing the Nero Showtime software.
I have tried sacrificing a goat but for Australian applications this is not working. Suggest you sacrifice a camel and then daub your face in blue paint and dance naked around the corpse.
The logic is clear: Nero have entered a camel in a horse race and we must support these fine, customer focused folks by doing our utmost to excise the demons from this camel.
Every time a company knowingly puts a defective product onto the market, they create an opening for someone else. I join an every growing group eagerly awaiting the new entrant.
See this link for more on this issue: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/627789
Savage Echidna

There is no plugin to install, only to activate so it's always there just not active until you add the serial number. Again I say it has to be to do with other things on the system causing conflicts (codec packs and graphics drivers are the usual problem). Also the link you give is over 5 months old.

Last edited:
Nero 8 Blue Ray

Yes, you are quite right; there is no actual software per sa. It is just a licence number to install and this unlocks the 'capability'. That's what I meant by 'install'. And no doubt you are very likely to be correct about the potential causes. I bow to your obvious knowledge of such things. There are 2 points I make in closure; 1. you are right (again) about the age of the link. That is just my point. This is what Nero were saying 5 months ago and it is what Nero are still saying today. That is quite simply the point. 2. When a vendor advertises something as a 'working solution', that's what people buy. In paying over the money, they are most certainly not agreeing to entering a co-development program with the vendor. We do not live in a 'buyer beware' commercial world and as complex as it may well be for software vendors to satisfy all the different platforms their product will be applied to....it is still their responsibility. Amagine if a car manufacturer sent such a reply to a complaint that the electronic engine management system did not work in wet conditions below a certain temperature - "this is a known problem, please be patient"....imagine the massive recall. I have asked Nero to refund my money....seems reasonable since the product does not work. So far no response and I have resigned myself to the thought that they just don't care. Companies who are willing to risk their otherwise great reputation for $35 are not likely to be around for the long haul......ok, look thanks for the technical advice. I have a guy in my company who can follow that up.

Your analogy is completely flawed, this is nothing like that. No software manufacturer can be expected to have tested their software with every other piece of software or codec in the world. There are hundreds of codecs around, not all of them legal and each one interacts in different ways and can even interact differently depending on what order they are installed in. All of these factors can affect how something is going to work. If I install certain codec packs they stop my Adobe software from working. Is that Adobe's fault or the fault of the 'free' codecs? I've had Nero running on my Laptop for nearly a year and with the exception of a couple of discs it plays everything I throw at it, I don't tend to use it as PowerDVD has better GPU acceleration. The fact that no one has posted for 5 months would seem to indicate that the people who were having problems are no longer having them, otherwise the thread would be much longer.
I'd recommend a clean install of windows and then trying it

Back