• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray movies that Anydvd 6.1.9.5 can't handle

Cars BD US

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.5)
LITE-ON BD B LH-2B1S AL09 R___
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 20206816 sectors (39466 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: CARS_USA
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_CARS_USA.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 4
odd problem with employee of the month BD

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 12219392 sectors (23866 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: EOM
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc appears to be locked to Region B & C!
Blu-Ray disc adjusted to Region B!

Weather I rip this disc or play it with anydvd running power DVD ultra starts to play it for a few seconds then it just stops in order to watch this movie I have to rip to hard drive and open main movie file by it's self,
this problem is in the very start of opening the disc after loading it in the drive or opening from HDD I can't get to the menus I get a couple seconds into a blank black screen!
This is actually a USA disc witch should be region A
but well as u can see above for any dvd's status !
using this version of PowerDVD Ultra build 3104a.1 and tried changing regions on it still same problem

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_EOM.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 12219392 sectors (23866 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: EOM
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc appears to be locked to Region B & C!
Blu-Ray disc adjusted to Region B!

Weather I rip this disc or play it with anydvd running power DVD ultra starts to play it for a few seconds then it just stops in order to watch this movie I have to rip to hard drive and open main movie file by it's self,
this problem is in the very start of opening the disc after loading it in the drive or opening from HDD I can't get to the menus I get a couple seconds into a blank black screen!
using this version of PowerDVD Ultra build 3104a.1 and tried changing regions on it still same problem

Set AnyDVD manually to region A, or disable region code removal in Blu-ray settings.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.5 says "Error processing Blu Ray Disc" and PowerDVD says "a critical component requires periodic updates". Still using PowerDVD ver 3104a which is probably the cause of the PowerDVD message, but I still cannot rip to my HD and watch like I could with spiderman 3.

Next AnyDVD update will fix this.

Set AnyDVD manually to region A, or disable region code removal in Blu-ray settings.

awesome thx, It worked by disable region code removal in Blu-ray settings,

though I don't know how to do what you first suggested,
do u mean to set it to A in Blu-ray settings in anydvd?

how does this affect the rip? I usually just set it to remove and automatic there, it was the only disc out of many that gave this sort of issue,
is it best to not remove the region code? when back up on to the HDD?

Thx for your help, and all the awesome fast updates :D

awesome thx, It worked by disable region code removal in Blu-ray settings,

though I don't know how to do what you first suggested,
do u mean to set it to A in Blu-ray settings in anydvd?
Yes. Set it to the region printed on the disc label. The automatic setting works most of the time, but sometimes it gets it wrong (as you have seen).
Disabling region code removal works, but then region of player must match, e.g. the ripped files won't work if the player region is not set correctly.

here is another one: german BR of Hills have eyes

PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 10831232 sectors (21154 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HILLS_HAVE_EYES
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_HILLS_HAVE_EYES.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 3

Just to point out that selecting the "remove region code" option on anydvd HD for Blu-Ray results in this problem on every region locked disk I have
(there aren't all that many)

Yes. Set it to the region printed on the disc label. The automatic setting works most of the time, but sometimes it gets it wrong (as you have seen).
Disabling region code removal works, but then region of player must match, e.g. the ripped files won't work if the player region is not set correctly.

so the disc I have is actually Region A just happened that anydvd picked up on it as B&C? Don't Know why they even bother with region coding, what happens to your drive when you have changed it's region 5 times (the Limit)?
does it get stuck on the last selected region? meaning if set to B on time 5 it stays B forever and wont read A or C Coded Files? and is this really permanent or can anydvd get around it and still read region A if the last change was to B? I never changed the drives region it's self just wounder what happens if you did that the number of times allowed?

thx James for the help with this I have had that disc for a while now and never could watch it till now :clap::D

Just to point out that selecting the "remove region code" option on anydvd HD for Blu-Ray results in this problem on every region locked disk I have
(there aren't all that many)

ah thx for letting me know that cause I'm almost positive it's the only disc I have myself came across that was region locked
I'll know for the future thx sarah99:)

Another Question/BD&HD Related

oh and I have another question for you James, for Blu Ray are you gona have to literally now going to need to add keys to any dvd for like every BD that comes out now or is this a temporary thing, just wondering cause I feel like every BD I buy now I can watch when I get home with it, I know every one says get HD DVD but for me it hasn't started off so good all my rips on vista are in short corrupted in tiny bits, they play fine off the disc, the audios fine the video stagers here and there slight but annoying, each rip the corruption moves around, Webslinger has tried to help, what things on a comp would mess hd dvd rips up like that, I'm using a xbox360 drive threw usb, when I move the drive and use it on XP then copy the files back to my vista computer it plays fine,
I know you probably will need more info to solve this but I don't know what info that would be hoping that there would be a known cause,

thx
Starz

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9170&highlight=happened&page=4
this should bring you to the last page of the thread I created a week or so ago about this issue in more detail and give you some logs as well

Last edited:
Japanese Die Hard Quadrilogy boxset... all VerifyMediaKey failed (and all BD+).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DIEHARD1_JPN.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_2_F6.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_3_F6.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_4_0_F6.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
so the disc I have is actually Region A just happened that anydvd picked up on it as B&C? Don't Know why they even bother with region coding, what happens to your drive when you have changed it's region 5 times (the Limit)?

The region setting does not apply to the drive, BD drives don't have a region setting (only their DVD part has).
So the software player does the counting (somewhere in the forum here you can find how to reset the count for PowerDVD).

oh and I have another question for you James, for Blu Ray are you gona have to literally now going to need to add keys to any dvd for like every BD that comes out now or is this a temporary thing, just wondering cause I feel like every BD I buy now I can watch when I get home with it,

This doesn't apply to BD only but also HD: the new disc's version MKB4 is not yet fully autonomous. So for now we're adding individual keys until the release is done. Just a week or two...

This doesn't apply to BD only but also HD: the new disc's version MKB4 is not yet fully autonomous. So for now we're adding individual keys until the release is done. Just a week or two...

cool thx for the info

Back