• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Library Build - General Theory

• Thread starter dmsher11@outlook.com
  • Start date
D

dmsher11@outlook.com

I'm going to be building a Blu-Ray library for a HTPC and writing this to elicit any feedback on the pros/cons of my approach vs. any other suggestions, tips, or relevant information folks feel so inclined to pass along.

I intend to copy Roughly 100 BD I own plus another 100 of my favorites from Netflix. They will be saved on a Win 7 64 HTPC hard disk array and played using PowerDVD 15 in WMC using speed menu. I currently have a 1-year subscription to RedFox and have no problem extending it or eventually going lifetime in the future.

I'm inclined to rip protected ISO's of each disk as opposed to removing protection or ripping to disk directly. However, I don't really understand if this is the best approach. I have several main concerns:
1. Audio quality is important. I have surround sound and don't want to loose 5.1/7.1
2. I don't really understand the pros/cons of removing protection and saving to disk as opposed to an ISO.
I have the impression that this keeps the quality of the content on the image more pristine and avoids a variety of technical issues but requires ANYDVD HD and an active connection to the redfox server to play.
(Again, this is just my understanding: I have no idea if this is correct or not.)
3. I am concerned what would happen if RedFox was shut down at some point in the future.

Basically, I'm asking if my approach is reasonable or is there a better way to build my BD library.
In particular, should protection be removed or not and is .ISO or 'Rip to disk' a better option in my case?

I'm attaching a screen shot of the Video Blu-ray and Program Settings I currently have configured.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 21
If you want to use speed menu anyway, why don't you just use CloneBD and create (uncompressed, if you like) .mkv files of the movies and store them on your server? Playback is much simpler, you can use devices like the Nvidia Shield TV (with Kodi) or - as a cheap second device for the bedroom - a Raspberry Pi 3.

EDIT: You can use PowerDVD on a PC as well, if you like.

Back