• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray is NOT working, period!

guile

Ok. I did an uninstall and reinstall and Blu Ray will NOT function for me at all. It will load up until then menu (on some), then when I hit play, it will play for about 5 seconds (almost like the player is does when there is no hdcp) then cut off. I am running XP and have tried it with Stargate, X-Men 3 (of coarse Open Season and 50 First Dates) and Total Recall and the same thing. I am assuming the problem is somewhere on my end since there aren't too many other people talking about similar problems. I have the Sony BWU 100 and it is housed in an external enclosure (usb). When I try to actually rip a blu ray title, I get a popup screen that says "Dirty Disc. I have already decrypted these titles with Backupbluray and they all work flawlessly.

Now this is really pissing me off because I know it's probably something stupid on my end. I just did a clean install of Powerdvd and the same thing. HD-DVD's play perfectly fine with no problem. Blu Ray discs (decrypted with backupblu), also play perfectly. This has got me perplexed.

Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.8)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0C SEP19 ,2006RE2D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11667904 sectors (22788 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: 15027930_00000005_STARGATE
Media is AACS protected!

More Info. Trying to play a file through VLC, it will start, play for about a minute, then the drive will dissappear and re-appear. So I can assume it's a usb issue but...when playing through Powerdvd, it stops at exactly the same place every time, and the drive don't dissappear from the chain.

g

Last edited:
I’m not sure I understand you correctly,….

The Sony BWU100 is an internal drive is it not,….why then would USB be an issue? If you have put the drive in a USB enclosure perhaps you should remove it and use its native (intended) connection interface.

More Info. Trying to play a file through VLC, it will start, play for about a minute, then the drive will dissappear and re-appear. So I can assume it's a usb issue but...when playing through Powerdvd, it stops at exactly the same place every time, and the drive don't dissappear from the chain.

g
You should try a different USB enclosure / adapter. Maybe with a bigger external power supply. I had similar issues with the LG Blu-ray drive with a FireWire/USB box. I changed to another box, and the problems went away.

I’m not sure I understand you correctly,….

The Sony BWU100 is an internal drive is it not,….why then would USB be an issue? If you have put the drive in a USB enclosure perhaps you should remove it and use its native (intended) connection interface.

I did (initially) have it installed as an internall. There really should be no difference between using it in an external usb enclosure or internally. I'm thinking it could be the enclosure. I will try it back in the machine tomorrow.

g

Last edited:
You should try a different USB enclosure / adapter. Maybe with a bigger external power supply. I had similar issues with the LG Blu-ray drive with a FireWire/USB box. I changed to another box, and the problems went away.

I'm thinking your right. I am going to move it back inside the machine first. There is really no need for me to keep it as an "external" anyways.

g

Back