• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Blu Ray]Hollow Man True HD 2.0??

Xtrap1979

Hi,
I just tried to rip "Hollow Man". It seemed to work perfectly after a "critical update".
Does the movies only have 2.0 sound?
It says true hd 2.0. Do I need a special AV receiver or is it up to the film that I can't play it in 5.1?
Thanks for the info.

No, it will have a full 5.1 soundrack. The issue is that TrueHD cannot be played back in 5,1 over Sp/Dif, which I guess oyu use, as Sp/Dif does not have the bandwidth for it. You need analogue cables & PDVD set appropriately for it to work.

I have a HDMI cable from my computer to the LCD TV.
Would it work with HDMI?
What setting is the right for power dvd?
I'm using 3319a.
I tried the DTS mix down but it isn't workin.
Will there be more titles that support only True HD and no more DTS?
The AV receivers are quite pricey and I hope dics in the future will have at least both.

Last edited:
Alas you are probably out of luck. I have the same issue with the PS3. I have it setup to pass audio via SPD/if to my amp and i only get stereo 2 ch audio. From my reading it appears that if i passed audio via HDMI this would not be an issue as i think the PS3 would amke the appropriate changes to the audio so it would come ot in 5.1. But it does not seem to be able to do this via SPD/if. Since you oly have HDMI going to you're screen then you are out of luck. You need to pass audio and video via HDMI, but given you are doing it via a HTPC im not sure that would be guaranteed to work.

To get TrueHD, the sound has to be passed via 1.3a HDMI cables. Currently there is not a sound card that is available for the pc that has 1.3a HDMI port. Then to complicate matters, PowerDVD only allows 48Khz/16 bit audio. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=892863&page=8
So that is why I went back to a standalone Blu-Ray player with 1.3a HDMI. The picture quality is so much better than PowerDVD, and Audio will be better when I get my new Denon receiver.

Nitro

Back