Blu-ray/HD DVD combo drive

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, Apr 8, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

2. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

Sounds promising... not to mention practical. Including HD-DVD writing would've been a waste (at least until it can be done without charging end users an arm and a leg), as the format is, in every way, inferior for computer use. Personally, though, I still think I'm gonna wait 'til the second or third generation of drives... probably around then I'll build a new computer, as well; which will work out. Maybe by then we'll have drives available than can burn everything, including BD-R/RE DL.

3. lostinlodos

lostinlodos Well-Known Member

They've been available since last year. I have the multiplayer BH100 Works wonderfully. LG is the king of electronics in every way. They were the first to create multiformat machines, and the first to create the multi-burner. What's next?

4. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I already new about the standalone unit. What got me excited is this it's an internal PC drive.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  5. Octavean

Octavean Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically all things considered I think I would prefer a Supper Multi Blue hybrid combo BD + HD DVD burner drive like the LG GGW-H10N over the BD stand alones. An external model would be even better.

http://www.lge.com/products/categor...al storage_super multi blue bd rewriter.jhtml

BTW, one would think that once such drives actually hit the market that Cyberlink PowerDVD 6.5 and 6.6 simply will not do! Therefore they would have to bundle PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 or newer or some other less ubiquitous application.

6. roog

roog Well-Known Member

I am starting to see external SATA DVD drive enclosures so, by the time this drive is available, hopefully you will also be able to make it an external drive if you want to do so.