Blu Ray files not detected

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by LINK85, Jun 10, 2010.

1. LINK85

LINK85 New Member

I am putting Blu Rays into my Blu Ray Drive and Clone DVD says that it can not open the file. What is going wrong?

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

CloneDVD doesn't have any support whatsoever for Blu-Ray. It's for backing up DVDs and a Blu-Ray disc is not a DVD.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

3. JD2020

JD2020 New Member

Blu-Ray Follow up

But, "AnyDVD HD" removes copy protection from Blu-Ray Disc. So are there any plans for CloneDVD to work with Blu-Ray?

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

No. AnyDVD HD is developed by Slysoft. CloneDVD is developed by Elaborate Bytes. There are absolutely no plans for Blu-Ray support in CloneDVD.

Slysoft is developing a product that will handle Blu-Rays comparable to what CloneDVD does with DVDs but the Blu-Ray support won't ever be added to CloneDVD.

5. pilotgks

pilotgks New Member

copy Blue-ray disk

Since CloneDVD does not support Blue-ray, does anyone know of any probrams that will clone/copy Blue-ray, or have I just wasted a ton of money on AnyDVD HD?

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Might check the AnyDVD HD and High Definition Software sections, but ClownBD, BDRebuilder, and Imgburn can all be used.

7. joka388

joka388 Active Member

Use DVDFab, it works perfect with BD, but it´s not Freeware.

8. RefCache

RefCache Well-Known Member

AnyDVD HD can rip to an image, removing the protection when it does if you enable that feature within AnyDVD HD. It's essentially creates a 1:1 backup either with or without the protection as you so choose. That image can be written to a blank Blu-ray if you have a Blu-ray writer. I'd suggest using ImgBurn for this. More information below.

Or alternatively you can follow the advice below:

All of the above applications are freeware.

If that image is too large for a single-layer Blu-ray blank, you can use BD Rebuilder to resize down to BD-25 (25GB SL Blu-ray). BD Rebuilder also has the option to compress down to DVD-9/BD-9 (8.5GB DL DVD) or DVD-5/BD-5 (4.7GB SL DVD).

Clown_BD is developed by one of the moderators of this forum. More information in this thread.

9. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

DVDFAb isnt nearly as good as AnyDVD when it comes to BD's. especially when it comes to BD+ protected ones.

If you want to make 1:1 backup of a blu-ray all you need is AnyDVD to rip the disc to ISO or filestructure, and IMGBurn to burn the iso/filestructure back to disc.

If you with to compress a BD DL down to SL then untill slysoft comes out with a replacement. BD-Rebuilder is an excellent tool to do just that

10. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

It doesn't handle several of the latest BD+ discs, so that's not really perfect.

There are currently no discs known that AnyDVD HD couldn't handle.
    AnyDVD HD is perfect! :D