• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray file too big for external HD

p2p2p

Hi everyone,
I've ripped a Blu-ray disc to my hard drive and it works/plays fine. I don't want to keep it on my actual pc for space reasons but can't tranfer it to an external hard drive as it says "Not enough space".

I know this isn't the case as there's about 600GB free on it and I think it gives that error as the drive won't take files over 4GB in size. Everything else will tranfer over except the main 19,293,006KB movie file.

Anyone know a quick way around this without reformatting the drive?

Thanks

The FAT32 filesystem cannot accept a file bigger than 4GB. There is no way around it. You have to format it to NTFS if you want it to be able to have bigger files.

So no go without a full reformat, I thought that might be the case.

Thanks for the speedy reply.:clap:

If you're using XP it is possible to change the file system without a reformat

Note the name of the disk in windows, then open a dos window.
Then type:

CONVERT X: /FS:NTFS (where X is the letter of the drive you want to convert)

It will ask for the drive name in confirmation, and may ask you to unmount the drive, say yes and let it go, usually does it pretty fast without loosing any information on the drive

Excellent Adbear, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.;)

Thanks a mil.

WooHoo! Worked a treat, nice one

Last edited:
Back