• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray drive disappears after starting AnyDVD

DQ

I installed 8.1.7.4 today and when I ran it I got a message from AnyDVD saying there was no DVD player. I tried rebooting, reinstalling and so on. So then I tried 8175 and got the same thing. I looked and sure enough my driver was not functioning for my player. I uninstalled the ghosted driver via windows and rebooted and boom my DVD player was back. That was until I ran AnyDVD. As soon as I did the driver goes away again and drive disappears from the machine.

Checked my event log and I see this.

"An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation."

System Details:
Win10 Pro X64

UPDATE - doing more testing, I guess it is possible the drive is hosed although it seems to physically work fine but Windows is having a lot of trouble with it now. Just a super coincidence it happened post 8.1.7.4 but it is possible since I use it often.

UPDATE 2 - Unplugged SATA cable on both ends and replugged. Drive has come back and I am reading a disc with AnyDVD now. If I have issues again I will replace the drive I am no longer convinced this is an AnyDVD issue and I have hours and hours of use on this device.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back