• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Discs That Won't Rip

Well I know the European Starship Troopers is already rippable

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 9100896 sectors (17775 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: TRANSFORMERS
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 9100896 sectors (17775 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: TRANSFORMERS
Media is AACS protected!

I'm assuming this is the animated version

Return to House on Haunted Hill work for me its rippables.

Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 6247840 sectors (12202 MBytes)
Total size: 12495680 sectors (24405 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: RETURN_HOUSE_ON_HAUNTED_HILL
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

Return to House on Haunted Hill work for me its rippables.

Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 6247840 sectors (12202 MBytes)
Total size: 12495680 sectors (24405 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: RETURN_HOUSE_ON_HAUNTED_HILL
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
This thread is for Blu-ray not HD DVD

I dont think there will be any problem cracking BD+ and certainly as long as its playable on PCs.

For years software and game developers have been using copy protections, each program or game can potentially have a different copy protection method, and every single app and game protection method has been cracked so far.

In order to play the movie, the player must know the key and know how to decrypt, there is just no way around that, and everything a pc does can be monitored to find out what any program is doing. You have all 3 parts of the equasion in your possession, the key, the cyphertext, the decryption algorithm, the only question is figuring out how to put them together.

Titles that DO work...

With the MKBv4 & BD+ fun, I think it would be nice to post on these stickies (or another couple threads) what titles released since those 2 new protections hit the street actually do work. I check the list for ones that don't work before I buy them, but it would be a nice confidence booster to see a list of ones known to work. At least until these hurdles are overcome in a new version.

It's fun for those like me without HDCP cards and monitors (that are fully 1080p capable, just not HDCP compliant) that need AnyDVD to actually play the stuff we buy, not to just rip it...

The Fly

http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Blu-ray-J...5-0532725?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1193062046&sr=1-6

Summary for drive Z: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-101A 1.01 06/04/27PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: THEFLY
Media is AACS protected!
Failed to send host key!

Again, don't expect any newer Fox title to rip- they will all have BD+ enabled.

With the MKBv4 & BD+ fun, I think it would be nice to post on these stickies (or another couple threads) what titles released since those 2 new protections hit the street actually do work. I check the list for ones that don't work before I buy them, but it would be a nice confidence booster to see a list of ones known to work. At least until these hurdles are overcome in a new version.

It's fun for those like me without HDCP cards and monitors (that are fully 1080p capable, just not HDCP compliant) that need AnyDVD to actually play the stuff we buy, not to just rip it...

The vast majority, if not all new BD titles won't be rippable. This will be due to either BD+ and/or new AACS protection. I would stay away from any BD title released after Oct 2nd.

is there a problem to rip "shooter" ? blu ray ou hd dvd version ? eurppean or us version ?
if there is a problem, I could wait a little for to buy it :mad:
thanks

is there a problem to rip "shooter" ? blu ray ou hd dvd version ? eurppean or us version ?
if there is a problem, I could wait a little for to buy it :mad:
thanks

It should rip without a problem.

You may want to add Hostel Part II to the list of non rippable Blu-ray titles.

Cheers
Chris

Mr. Brooks (MGM/UA) is another Blu-Ray that won't work. Also, I tried RoboCop (MGM/UA) a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work. King of New York (Lionsgate) also won't work.

Nitro

Last edited:
Please add "Pixar Short Film Collection"

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 15849120 sectors (30955 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: PIX1EGD1
Media is AACS protected!

Please add "Pixar Short Film Collection"

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 15849120 sectors (30955 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: PIX1EGD1
Media is AACS protected!

Interesting. What region (country) is this disc?
Can you post an AnyDVD (.zip) logfile, created with AnyDVD 6.1.6.8?

I sent the log for the Pixar Short Collection to your support email addy earlier today. It's from Germany.

Back