• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Discs That Won't Rip

I m haviing a problem playing any blu-ray at all right now. They use to all work, but now when I put one in it says that it has to update a critical component, and when it does so, it refuses to play.It does this with all my blu-rays, even the ones that used to work and do not have the latest encryption. And yes I am using the latest powerdvd and anydvd hd software.
Some people have had to uninstall powerdvd completely and then reinstall it. Have you tried that?
Here's the instructions for completely removing PowerDVD from XP: www.humpa.com/powerdvd

I assume the 90mb download you get from the cyberlink index.jsp page will do a full install (we're not supposed to link to that, I think? - even though it isn't the download) - I haven't actually tried it yet. I was busy this weekend so I never go around to it.

My full download version is 98mb. I don't think the other links are full versions, just updaters

My full download version is 98mb. I don't think the other links are full versions, just updaters
hmmm ... I asked for the full installer, but they didn't give me any info on that, just the removal instructions.

Please add "28 Weeks Later" , "Evan Almighty" , and "Reign Over Me" to the list of discs that won't rip.

Please add "28 Weeks Later" , "Evan Almighty" , and "Reign Over Me" to the list of discs that won't rip.
"28 Weeks Later" , and "Reign Over Me" ... "Evan Almighty" is a HD DVD (we've already discussed this about 10 posts ago) ;)

"28 Weeks Later" , and "Reign Over Me" ... "Evan Almighty" is a HD DVD (we've already discussed this about 10 posts ago) ;)

Then how come they are not on the list in the first post of this thread? All I am asking is for mick2006 to edit his first post and add them to the list .

Then how come they are not on the list in the first post of this thread? All I am asking is for mick2006 to edit his first post and add them to the list .
I understand, and I believe he will. I was merely pointing out the hd dvd thing.
I was reiterating the need for 28 Weeks Later and Reign Over Me to be added to the list ... at least I was attempting to. My post just seems vague, is all. ;)

Updated list of Blu Ray discs that won't rip. Hopefully we can make this a sticky as well.

1) Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer (Fox)
2) Day After Tomorrow (Fox)
3) Surf's Up (Sony)
4) 28 Days Later (Fox)
5) Troy (Warner)
6) AC/DC: Live at Donington (Sony)
7) Reign Over Me (Sony)

add "the reaping" (bluray) WB
and only a 16GB BR at that!

"The Invisible" on Blu-Ray rips fine as well as "The Reaping" on HD-DVD.

please add "Ocean's 13" and "Meet the Robinsons" to the list

thx

Last edited:
From Hell won't rip and looks like it has the extra folder for BD+

Add "Return to House on Haunted Hill" to the list of non rippables.

Back