• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray Burn Q. (Newbie)

Claude-Louis

I have purchased AnyDVD HD and it has worked great. So far, I have only been using it for DVD's and am currently on the trial version of CloneDVD. I love CloneDVD. It is great and is exactly what I need - for DVD's.

The problem for me is that there seems to be no equivalent software for Blu-ray. I have checked these forums until my eyes are sore and still I can find no simple solution. I tried ImgBurn, but it is not simple like CloneDVD. I am not very technically wise, so I have no idea what I am doing. I just want to get the most out of my AnyDVD HD and be able to play backup BD'd on a standalone BDP.

This forum has been a wealth of information so far and I have no doubt that there are plenty of regulars here that can help me.

Merci!

Is this question too taboo? I asked a similar question on another board and was told that I would never get an honest response to my initial question. Is this true?

Is this question too taboo? I asked a similar question on another board and was told that I would never get an honest response to my initial question. Is this true?

I have no idea why you would wonder if it's taboo or people elsewhere would say what you said.

Search through the CloneDVD forum and you'll find that people have already asked when HD-DVD & BD support will be added and received answers.

The answer is that we don't know. Elaborate Bytes develops CloneDVD and not Slysoft. At this time, they haven't stated anything publicly about updating the software to handle the High Definition formats.

I have no idea why you would wonder if it's taboo or people elsewhere would say what you said.

The general premise (especially on the Blu-ray Forum is that it is ttoo illegal to talk about. I wonder about taboo because I cannot get a simple, straightforward response to the basic question.

DrinkLyeAndDie said:
Search through the CloneDVD forum and you'll find that people have already asked when HD-DVD & BD support will be added and received answers.

Their questions have been directed at CloneDVD and when that product will be upgraded for HD/BD support. There seems to be only one post asking a similar question to mine that is answered in terms of ImgBurn and .iso files. I have found that ImgBurn does not copy BD discs and burn them onto a BD-R or BD-RE so that they are playable on standalone BDP's.
I asked on this forum because I did not want to be so rude as to ask for help finding a potential competitor's product on that board. On this board, I am asking for a product that complements my AnyDVD HD product.

DrinkLyeAndDie said:
Elaborate Bytes develops CloneDVD and not Slysoft. At this time, they haven't stated anything publicly about updating the software to handle the High Definition formats.

I only need a program that complements AnyDVD HD and would prefer one that is similar to CloneDVD, not Clone DVD itself.

DrinkLyeAndDie said:
The answer is that we don't know.

That answers my question as far as this board is concerned. Thank you for your help.

Back