• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Back-Up

38bob45

Could someone please walk me through what I need to do to back up a Blu-Ray. I am capable with a PC but not an expert. I have tried 6 times to back up Hunger Games and have failed each time. Just need someone with a little kindness in their soul. Who will lay it out for me step by step what I need to do. Layman's Terms please. Anyone? I have the appropriate programs.

Could someone please walk me through what I need to do to back up a Blu-Ray. I am capable with a PC but not an expert. I have tried 6 times to back up Hunger Games and have failed each time. Just need someone with a little kindness in their soul. Who will lay it out for me step by step what I need to do. Layman's Terms please. Anyone? I have the appropriate programs.

What you need.

1. Anydvd HD
2. CloneBD
3 BD-R or BD-R DL depeding on the format size

And then are you backing the complete or converting the BluRay movie? I don't think they have a complete step by step process on the usage it. But when using it you can see what process it gives you for options at the top of the start for CloneBD you can click on those options and you will see what it can do. But look at screen it brings up and see what each functions does and you can get a understanding of it's usage as well.

When you say "backup", I'm assuming you want to create a physical backup disk that you can play while placing the original in your archive. First you'll need a Blu-Ray reader/burner which you probably already have.

You need to install a copy of AnyDVD HD on your machine. Once that's done, a small fox symbol should appear in your system tray at the bottom of the screen. Load your original disc, and AnyDVD will do its thing for a few seconds and analyze the disc. When that finishes, RIGHT click on the fox symbol and choose "save to image". You'll need to have a location established on your hard drive, and sufficient space for the content (up to 50GB in some cases). When you right click on the fox symbol, a pop-up dialog box will allow you to indicate where you want the image to be saved. Click RUN. A progress screen appears.

When AnyDVD HD finishes, you should have an image of your original disc saved to your hard drive. Now you need to burn that image to a blank BD.

You can use one of SlySoft's products like CloneBD. Personally, I use ImgBurn which is a third party product. In any case, the software used needs an ability to burn an image to a disc (you can't burn that image file directly to a disc and expect it to play in a standalone player). You'll choose the image file that was created by AnyDVD HD.

Using that software and an appropriate sized blank (25 or DL 50 GB), you should get an exact copy of the original (including 3D BDs) when it finishes. CloneBD will allow you to shrink content to make it fit a 25GB blank whereas ImgBurn doesn't have that capability, although for uncompressed copies (which I personally prefer), I've had great success with the latter.

Last edited:
When AnyDVD HD finishes, you should have an image of your original disc saved to your hard drive. Now you need to burn that image to a blank BD.

Anydvd HD has been known in prior version to cause ISO creation problems and I experienced this problem. Using CloneBD will go to insure if the ISO is the problem you will then have to use CloneBD to redo it the right way.

Back