• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Back Up Question

Soapman72

I have been surfing this site for a while now, and I am beginning to feel dumb, because my head is spinning.

Can someone outline for me the SIMPLEST way to create a back up security copy of my blu ray movies with ANY DVD HD? I realize that the info needs to fit on to a 25gb disc or more steps will be necessary.

I was able to rip a blu-ray to my HDD using AnyDVD HD, but I have not figured out how to play it using Power DVD. I know I need to create an ISO, but not sure how. Anyway, being able to watch the movie on my Pc is less important to me than the back up security copy.

I am sure this has been covered before, but as I said, I've been searching and I think I am running into information overload.

I already have AnyDVD HD, but need to know what other program will create and burn the ISO. Will Nero do it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:bowdown:

Sean

This has been covered several times already.

With AnyDVD HD enabled:

-Load ImgBurn 2.4.1.0(or later) or CloneCD
-Select read image function (if using CloneCD, change the filename to have a .ISO extension)
-Read to ISO file
-Use write image function to write it out to a new disc.

If it's over 25 gigs, you'll be going to the Frequenty Ask Questions post and looking for "How do I shrink my Blu-ray".

Thank you! If I leave AnyDVD HD Running while the ISO is made, does that mean that the copy-protection feature will not be present on the new copy, and will that cause my Blu-ray player to not play the back up in my home theater? Thanks!

Exactly the opposite! By removing the copy protection while creating the image, when you burn it and play it back it'll actually work assuming your stand alone player supports BD-R/BD-RE playback.

COOL! Thank you. I appreciate you answering my question so quickly. I do have a pretty large Dh Just for movies. If I leave a copy of the ISO on the drive, will Power DVD be able to play it? I keep reading that you have to "mount" the ISO, but I don't really know what that means. I am assuming that will have to be done foe every blu ray movie on my HDD.

An ISO by itself is useless in reality. The process of mounting it, however, makes it useful. When you have a program such as Virtual CloneDrive (the latest beta ONLY...see the virtual clonedrive forum) or Daemon Tools installed, they allow you to "mount" the ISO into a virtual drive. PowerDVD sees a new drive letter that it can play from. The act of mounting is the same basic concept of loading a disc into the physical drive. In this case you're loading the ISO image into the virtual drive. When you want to play a different movie, you just mount the new ISO image. That's all there is to it.

Back