• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blu ray and ps3

Thanks - Learning New Tricks all the time :)

As are we all. :) I'm working on a very nasty one right now that has seamless branching. Just combined the parts into one m2ts and now need to do some work on that. My goal isn't streaming but to make this one slightly smaller as it's a 48 gig image.

I take it this tsmuxer serves 2 purposes

1: rip audio
2: rip only what you want? making it a smaller rip, much like dvdshrink etc

As are we all. :) I'm working on a very nasty one right now that has seamless branching. Just combined the parts into one m2ts and now need to do some work on that. My goal isn't streaming but to make this one slightly smaller as it's a 48 gig image.

My Server has 4TB of RAID so right now I don't mind
the 50GB file sizes.

TSRemux (And I guess TSRemuxer which is a different program) allows you to take a m2ts file and select the streams you want to keep. Then you can write it out to another m2ts file or to a blu-ray folder structure. In my case I'm keeping the video and one audio stream to scale it down.

My Server has 4TB of RAID so right now I don't mind
the 50GB file sizes.

I can't afford that unfortunately. I'd love to, but, not feasible. So, for me and my tiny 500 gig drive, saving some space isn't a bad thing.

I can't afford that unfortunately. I'd love to, but, not feasible. So, for me and my tiny 500 gig drive, saving some space isn't a bad thing.

I agree with that - 500GB is something you need to conserve with.

I built my OWN PC and it was cheap as could be :)

As did I but apparently mine was a little cheaper. ;)

I built mine 6 months ago now I could do even better
for the same number of dollars. Technology keeps
getting cheaper.

BTW - since you have been such a big help. I have my
Rip in process and I want it to finish.

What program do you use to mount the ISO version
of the movie.

I have Nero 8 - I assume it will do it.

I use the new beta 5.3.0.0 Virtual CloneDrive. If that doesn't work for you, then you can use Daemon Tools Lite. Nero 8 might work, but, I have Vista so their mount utility doesn't work for me at all. (It doesn't even install in Vista). My advice is to go to the Virtual CloneDrive forum and grab the beta.

I use the new beta 5.3.0.0 Virtual CloneDrive. If that doesn't work for you, then you can use Daemon Tools Lite. Nero 8 might work, but, I have Vista so their mount utility doesn't work for me at all. (It doesn't even install in Vista). My advice is to go to the Virtual CloneDrive forum and grab the beta.

WILL DO Thanks Mr. Wizard :D

Maybe I'm being brain-dead today - BUT - I downloaded
5.3.0.0 Beta.

I still can't figure out how to make it take the Blu-Ray
movie and create an ISO file.

Nero only wants to create an .nrg file.

WOA WOA WOA. :) I think we got some terms crossed and mixed up here. You originally said how do I MOUNT the images. That's what Virutal CloneDrive is for. To CREATE the images is another whole ballgame. :)

-Download latest ImgBurn (2.4.1.0 at the time of this writing)
-Select "create image from files/folder"
-Add your blu-ray folder from the hard drive
-In the options, make SURE UDF 2.5 is selected. This is IMPORTANT!
-Create the ISO

Now when you have the ISO on your hard drive, you can mount it using Virtual CloneDrive.

But, if you're just streaming it, don't you just want an m2ts anyway? So using TSRemux just output the m2ts and have your media serving software serve that up to the PS3. No need to create a full Blu-ray disc structure in that case.

WOA WOA WOA. :) I think we got some terms crossed and mixed up here. You originally said how do I MOUNT the images. That's what Virutal CloneDrive is for. To CREATE the images is another whole ballgame. :)

-Download latest ImgBurn (2.4.1.0 at the time of this writing)
-Select "create image from files/folder"
-Add your blu-ray folder from the hard drive
-In the options, make SURE UDF 2.5 is selected. This is IMPORTANT!
-Create the ISO

Now when you have the ISO on your hard drive, you can mount it using Virtual CloneDrive.

But, if you're just streaming it, don't you just want an m2ts anyway? So using TSRemux just output the m2ts and have your media serving software serve that up to the PS3. No need to create a full Blu-ray disc structure in that case.

Yes my original questions was - What did you use to
convert the Blu-Ray disk to ISO.

Yes my original questions was - What did you use to
convert the Blu-Ray disk to ISO.

Ah, well, I don't "convert" the disc to ISO. I simply create an ISO directly from the disc. See my ISO creation guide in my sig.

Back