• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blocked at startup with vista

Hi :)
Yes indeed.
One of your classics, I believe. ;)

Oh. This? :)

If you're using Vista, then click this.

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Do I need to beat some of you? :D It's VERY likely that this is Windows Defender that is preventing it from starting. OP, please open up Windows Defender, then go to Tools, Software Explorer and see what's going on with AnyDVD. I can't guarantee anything here, but, this is my guess.

Do I need to beat some of you? :D It's VERY likely that this is Windows Defender that is preventing it from starting.

Dude, I said earlier I thought it was something in vista (because I encountered that message before with another program a long while ago). I'm in the middle of doing 10 different things here.

But thanks for posting.

Dude, I said earlier I thought it was something in vista (because I encountered that message before with another program a long while ago). I'm in the middle of doing 10 different things here.

But thanks for posting.

My comment was NOT directed at you. You don't have much Vista experience so I don't expect you to know about the Windows Defender thing. But others in this thread are using Vista and should know by now that WD can be a royal pain in the @$$ if it's not kept in check. :D Don't take my jabs seriously...lighthearted humor, that's all. But the OP should seriously look at the WD settings and see if that's what's blocking AnyDVD...it's very possible.

UAC doesn't "bubble". :D

No, but Windows bleeping Defender does. I hate that damn thing. It's another example of MS taking a GOOD program and completely screwing it up. I should disable it on my machine but it doesn't cause me problems.

No, but Windows bleeping Defender does. I hate that damn thing. It's another example of MS taking a GOOD program and completely screwing it up. I should disable it on my machine but it doesn't cause me problems.
Yes, I was commenting Webslinger's suspicion, that UAC is causing the problem. I (and you) believe it isn't.

Yes, I was commenting Webslinger's suspicion, that UAC is causing the problem. I (and you) believe it isn't.

O.k. fine. *sigh*

But I knew it wasn't teatimer.

It's something in Vista., and SamuriHL is right in that it's probably Windows Defender (I think I disabled that as well. I can't remember, and no, I don't remember if that's possible). In the middle of a lot of stuff at the moment . . .

O.k. fine. *sigh*

But I knew it wasn't teatimer.

It's something in Vista., and SamuriHL is right in that it's probably Windows Defender (I think I disabled that as well. I can't remember, and no, I don't remember if that's possible). In the middle of a lot of stuff at the moment . . .

Relax. We got you covered. :) Yea, you can disable Windows Defender. So long as you've got a GOOD antispyware app on your machine I actually recommending doing so. It hasn't impressed me in quite a while. It's good if you have nothing else(!!!) but otherwise get rid of it.

Sorry to going a little bit of topic but some of you really hate some features of vista. So if you do a fresh install of vista the next time first use vlite(availible here:www.vlite.net) this is a prgramm which removes vista features. For example you can remove windows defender or UAC. When you removed the features you burn a new Vista DVD and then you do not install all the things which you removed so vista is more the way you like it.

Well, then, I definitely disabled it. :D

Anyway . . . /wanders off into another thread

I'm about to disable it. I run kaspersky and have only been infected with spyware once, and that was my own fault. I have absolutely no need to run WD...

All I can say is I get no problems from anything currently.
My Vista 32 bit has been on my PC for as long as Vista has been available. In fact before that if you include betas.
The 64 bit for about 2 months.
UAC enabled Windows Defender too.
ZoneAlarm won't work with 64 bit , but has given me no problems with 32 bit.
I seriously believe that if you do a full clean uninstall. Which appears to allow settings to reset. Followed by a clean install with the latest official version of AnyDVD you should not get any problems from Vista itself.
I certainly don't.

All I can say is I get no problems from anything currently.
My Vista 32 bit has been on my PC for as long as Vista has been available. In fact before that if you include betas.
The 64 bit for about 2 months.
UAC enabled Windows Defender too.
ZoneAlarm won't work with 64 bit , but has given me no problems with 32 bit.
I seriously believe that if you do a full clean uninstall. Which appears to allow settings to reset. Followed by a clean install with the latest official version of AnyDVD you should not get any problems from Vista itself.
I certainly don't.

That's very possible, Zeb. I've been running Vista for probably as long and I've not had any issues like this either. I don't do UAC(I find it distasteful even as a concept) but I was until a few minutes ago using WD. AnyDVD has always performed perfectly for me. I think the clean uninstall idea might not hurt, but, I'd definitely check WD first.

Back