• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blizzard "Can't" Refund My Money For Downloads That Didn't Work

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
It's been awhile but I've always liked Blizzard dating back to the release of Diablo. The following sours my opinion.

Below is an excerpt of the article:

[...]

He told me to wait a couple hours and the second order should go through. Because of how unusual Blizzard's site is, I had to create a second account in order to use a second 'key' to download the product again. A couple hours passed and both orders showed 'failed' on my side of the account: the original order I placed that Joshua stated I wouldn't get charged for, and the second order Joshua placed. At this point I called customer support again and emailed Joshua (who gave me his email). I spoke to Sam who told me that both orders had failed and that I wouldn't be charged for them. Joshua recommended that I go to the store and buy a hard copy of the game - which I did. Last week I checked my checking account and guess what? I was charged for both online orders!

I emailed Joshua asking for him to refund my two charges since I was never able to download the products and because I had purchased a hard copy and didn't need them. (The online store now showed that both orders were 'successful'.) After much confusion Joshua has told me that it is impossible for them to refund me because the 'keys' for each of the digital downloads had already been claimed

[...]

The full story can be found at The Consumerist: http://consumerist.com/5062655/blizzard-cant-refund-my-money-for-downloads-that-didnt-work.

This just goes to show you that buying a physical copy of the disc while it can be annoying in ways is still the best way to go and Blizzard should be ashamed of itself. They should be able to blacklist the keys and refund Zach's money quite expeditiously. If they cannot then shame on them for having a badly set up system.

As was advised by the writer of the article Zach can go through his bank/credit card company to resolve this but that isn't always as easy as it seems.

Last edited:
Back