Blank DVD+DL Brands--which ones cause problems?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by SP01, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Simple physics really. The faster you burn, the more prone you are to burn errors when using cheap media. 2 critical points are the layer break (as you're experiencing) and towards the outer edges.

What does imgburn or other tool report as the MID?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

2. Art Masson

Art Masson Active Member

Ch3vrOn -- Do you have a link where I can find a clean copy of Imgburn? I just got a bunch of malware from a poor source and had to restore my PC from a backup to recover....

3. Ch3vr0n

The imgburn site. Mirror 7 from the imgburn, just dont go clicking 'next' without looking. Even offers that LOOK undeselectable still are. They just LOOK that way. I've never had any problems. That said you can always open the installer I believe lightning UK said with any archive tool like WinRAR and just extract the executable and overwrite the existing one.

4. Art Masson

Art Masson Active Member

The MID of my leftover HP DVD+R DL discs is CMC MAG-D03-64
    The MID of my leftover Kodak DVD+R DL discs is UMEDISC-DL1-64
    The MID of my Verbatim AZO DVD+R DL discs is MKM-003-00 (I think this is the "good" one!)

Is there a decode/indication somewhere of what these various MID types mean??

5. Ch3vr0n

No surprise the first don't work. CMC mag stands for CMC magnetics and produces the cheapest, crappiest and most often failing even at the start of a burn blanks. Just dump them and never go back.

Don't know too much about the 2nd, but the 3rd one's are indeed the 'good stuff'. Stick with them and never go back and you should never again have problems unless you're drive starts failing

6. Art Masson

Art Masson Active Member

Thanks....think I'll dump the HP and Kodak ones and just stick to the Verbatim AZO's...

7. Tourist

Tourist Well-Known Member

...is the only mirror that has a PUP/Adware infected installer (3,96 MB) !
    So don't use that one.
    The other mirrors host the clean installer (3,1 MB).

8. Art Masson

Art Masson Active Member

Yes...that was my mistake..I used Mirror 7...but found a clean version later...