• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blank Disc

bigdonk

I'm new to backing up Blu ray and HD DVD's. Is there a certain type of blank disc I use or will DVD+R and DVD-R due? Please help!

Which copy software do you want to use? You can't just copy to DVD blanks. If that would be possible, high definition discs would not make sense at all.

You can downconvert to 720p and store a full movie on a 4GB disc with decent quality.
But to make full copies you need a blu-ray burner and BD-R disc.

You can downconvert to 720p and store a full movie on a 4GB disc with decent quality.
But to make full copies you need a blu-ray burner and BD-R disc.

or with hd-dvd i author to a dvd+rdl which is how i do it. just make sure in nero to set the burner to dvd+r bitsetting instead of automatic which uses dvd-rom. you cant use a pioneer burner to do this either as you cant change the bitsetting on it....

for blu-ray movies without bd+ copy protection: very easy to burn it on 3-4 dvd+r or dvd+r dl media.

for blu-ray movies with bd+ and hd-dvd movies its a little bit harder to burn it on a dvd+r /dvd-r at the moment..

is that just for playback or backup only? if so how do you get the movie to span multiple discs? You mentioned blu-devil but i would assume it works with HD DVD as well. Ideally i would like to burn the first EVO to one DVD9 and the second EVO to another DVD9.

for hd-dvd it should work also, but you need more as just the evo file. with tsremux you can split blu-ray movies very good and you can set "blu-ray" as output, so all files that are needed for a blu-ray are created automatic.

i wonder why is there no "output as hd-dvd" option in the next evodemux version. this shouldn't be very difficult.. you must generate the MAP file from the evo, but i don't know how.

Last edited:
tried hacking it a bit and creating my own but just ended up with nothin. have to wait i guess

Back