blades of glory

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by knucklescw, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

Yep. Most don't have time to read....Gotta get it coppied and the rental returned before late charges kick in....:agree::p

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Well people that own SS got used to getting an update within 24 hours as it has always been in the past. It isn't slysoft's fault as there was a delay in getting their region 1 copy to fix this. One that is in this big of a hurry should have an arsenal of tools to get the job done so if one fails they can try another.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Stickies are posted at the very top of the forum.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sticky+Topic

Yes. It is. It really, really is. Visit any forum . . . look way up . . .

In fact, it is usually considered the responsibility of members to read the stickies before posting (not talking
    about Slysoft forums--but forums in general).

For example, click http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 (now look way up)

See the threads labeled "Sticky"? 8 sticky threads exist currently.

Oooooh, sweetness!

:agree:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  4. mental72

mental72 New Member

Here's the thing i was reading in other forums and this is what they found the reason the DVD wont rip is because of the <> in the title when ripping the movie a directory cannot be created with <> in it ... so i used dvdfab HD wich as just released and update that makes it so you can copy this movie no problems
    even DVD Decrypter will work if you rename the target folder to the same name but without the <> in it

I just finished burning this movie no problem

5. ricoman

ricoman Well-Known Member

Well, I asked you to spare the sarcasm, apparently you didn't see that. Most people go to this page http://forum.slysoft.com/index.php when they access the forum and the last 3 days that I have checked it, it show "Blades of Glory" as the last post. Naturally, people click that and it goes to the last post. That is what I am saying can be confusing, not so simple to a newcomer. The sticky is dated the 24th, today is the 30th, most people will look for the latest info. I suppose we can go back and forth on this, but that is my point: cut people some slack! half of the last posts are ripping people for posting what others consider stupid questions. They're just frustrated and venting (as I said before). If you don't want to answer them, don't. But let's not spend half the thread flaming them. That is my final word on the subject. I'm confident the James Gang will solve this soon. :D

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Based on what evidence? Did someone say I was being sarcastic?

Most forums require its members to read stickies as a matter of responsibility--or as a requirement before posting. This is also true of forum rules. As linx05 alludes to, the kind of nonsense that has been pulled recently tends to get people banned permanently in other forums.

And since, I may have some people's attention, I suggest if you haven't read them yet--do so:

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=6#post6

You claim you haven't seen the sticky referred to in this thread yet. I suggest you take the time to read it (and the others).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 (now look up at the top and click the links)

In particular, click this link: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7062

Frankly, if people bothered to read the sticky that pertains to Blades of Glory R1, then really, this forum rule applies:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such."

:policeman:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  7. blazzen

blazzen New Member

to back up blades of glory

To those who just cant wait,
    1. go to afterdawn website and download new version of DVDShrink
    2. Use anydvd along with this program
    3. Click reauthor
    4. Drag the 133 min movie to the left
    4. once files are extracted, use clonedvd to burn a back up

I just did it and it works fine

Blazeeeee

8. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

You don't even need a so-called "new'" version of shrink. My old one works just fine....

9. Codeplug

Codeplug New Member

Is anyone else having problems with Blades of Glory?

I just couldn't help myself.....didn't want page 55 to stray off topic.

gg

10. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I'll just be happy when an update is released so this will all be over.

11. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

There is no new version of DVD Shrink. Doing movie only isn't the problem, the full disc is.

12. DetroitBaseball

They might be thinking of DVD Shrink 2007, the scam.

13. Bunnyrip2

Bunnyrip2 Well-Known Member

James is gone? Come On People!

I do not believe that James is gone, and even if that was true, extremely doubtful, Slysoft surely has more than 1 developer that can easily crack this title. Patience people.:rolleyes:

14. DetroitBaseball

He's not gone. James was posting in this thread earlier.

15. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

I think if we shorted the 55 page shred to the important stuff like what's proven to work, what doesn't work, the fact that slysoft knows about the issue and is working furiously to resolve it, it might not stop everyone from reposted, but it just might slow them down. When opening a 55 page shred, I mean c'mon, who wants to read all the garbage. All the people complaing about all the people not reading stickie. New forum users don't always know what a stickie even is. When someone posts a new thread about Blades of Glory (BOG), just reply, post the url to the stickie, then close thread, end of story? Web and the other moderators, this is just a friendly suggestion, if you don't like it, don't use it. But, I feel like it may help.

16. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Yeah except Afterdawn would never hold a scam program. Which makes me wonder what 'new' one he is talking about.

17. creeper6996

creeper6996 Well-Known Member

I guess I shoulda proof read that post before posting. It's late in Oklahoma, LOL.

18. Bunnyrip2

Bunnyrip2 Well-Known Member

I didn't think so!

Yeah, I saw where James posted earlier, amazing how people fabricate rumors when they get impatient, isn't it?:confused:

19. DetroitBaseball

Maybe it was just a joke.

20. DetroitBaseball

What new version? DVDShrink was discontinued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.