• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blade runner 5 disc collectors set conversion ?

markrb

I am going to buy either the HD-DVD or the Blu-Ray version of the 5 disc Blade runners collectors set.
My question is if I go Blu-Ray does this release have any copy protection (with AnyDVDHD) on it that will stop me from converting it for use on my HTPC? I prefer ripping the movie with one audio track and then put the disc away to keep it safe.
I know the HD-DVD would be a non issue, but I am leaning towards the Blu-Ray version now as believe it or not my local store has it for much less.

Thanks,
Mark

You mean does it have BD+ right? I doubt it because it's a Warner release from before Warner switched to the BD camp... but then I'm just speculating.

i have the blu-ray version there is no region coding or bd+ on the disc's, obviously they are protected by aacs, disc 2 and 4 (extra stuff) are dvd only and are locked to region 1234

Wait a second - disc 2 and 4 are DVD and not Bluray Disc?? What kind of a release is that!?

It's easy to convert the Final Cut HD-DVD version to .mkv.

But the seamless branching versions (Director's Cut and Theatrical Versions) are tricky. I haven't attempted them yet. You'd need to sort out all the branching to get it right, by picking the EVO files in the right order, and maybe the correct audio track.

Three movies rolled into one... :eek:

Back