• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blade house of chthon

I few notes and comments from me on this DVD release...

First of all it's insane. This is only the Pilot (2 episodes) of the canceled Blade TV series that aired on Spike TV. It was canceled after 1 season (12 episodes). Why on Earth they would release this as a standalone release is beyond me. It should have been released as a box set with the whole season. Idiotic marketing. Personally, I like the series. It didn't hurt that Jill Wagner was in the show either. ;)

Now, literally nowhere seemed to have the movie where I am. I found it at a local Circuit City and had it put aside for me. When I went to pick it up I was told they didn't have any such movie. Thankfully the girl who set it aside overheard the conversation. The movie was nowhere to be found in the store that I saw or another employee. Go figure.

So... I now have the DVD. Pop it into the DVD drive and see the ugly AnyDVD status window just like others have posted. So, this isn't going to be fun... CloneDVD2 gives a "Y:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_0.IFO read error". Bleh. Alright. I'll use the AnyDVD ripper. It works perfectly and then I open the ripped files with CloneDVD2 and deselect titlesets 1 through 9 and re-rip back from my HDD to another directory. The output is 100% quality at DVD-5. I haven't had a chance to play it in my standalone DVD player yet. It's currently burning.

(1) CloneDVD2 error

B_HoC_CloneDVD2error.jpg

(2) AnyDVD ripper completed

B_HoC_DVDRipper.png

(3) VIDEO_TS Directory from the Blade - House of Chthon DVD with AnyDVD disabled

B_HoC_Explorer_VIDEO_TS.png

Last edited:
So... I now have the DVD. Pop it into the DVD drive and see the ugly AnyDVD status window just like others have posted. So, this isn't going to be fun... CloneDVD2 gives a "Y:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_12_0.IFO read error". Bleh. Alright. I'll use the AnyDVD ripper. It works perfectly and then I open the ripped files with CloneDVD2 and deselect titlesets 1 through 9 and re-rip back from my HDD to another directory. The output is 100% quality at DVD-5. I haven't had a chance to play it in my standalone DVD player yet. It's currently burning.

This part makes me believe it won't be very successful. I could be wrong, but, somehow I doubt it.

This part makes me believe it won't be very successful. I could be wrong, but, somehow I doubt it.

Well, the playtime of the pilot is only 1:01:47 some extras [with the longest being 10:43] and there sound is only AC-3/2. We are not talking a feature-packed release by any means. We'll see in a little bit. I'm juggling cooking dinner and a few other things, atm.

Considering what they are selling the protection is insane overkill.

Well, the playtime of the pilot is only 1:01:47 some extras [with the longest being 10:43] and there sound is only AC-3/2. We are not talking a feature-packed release by any means. We'll see in a little bit. I'm juggling cooking dinner and a few other things, atm.

Considering what they are selling the protection is insane overkill.

Which is why they did it on that release where they're less likely to p!$$ off a million people. You can bet this is a dry run for more nonsense like this in region 1. Spectacular.

It looks like the idiot that put this strange protection on this is DVDs has some sick, perverted, pleasure,
Knowing that people are trying to copy this movie getting pi$$ed off and, he sits back and he laughs his a$$ off. :(

Which is why they did it on that release where they're less likely to p!$$ off a million people. You can bet this is a dry run for more nonsense like this in region 1. Spectacular.

Yep, fails on my DVD players. I'll play more later.

Yep, fails on my DVD players. I'll play more later.

As I figured it would. This is one of those very naughty protections that I definitely don't like. It's likely you'll need to wait til AnyDVD is updated to handle this crap.

I plan on getting this title either tomorrow morning or the next day and will try some other solutions. :D

As I figured it would. This is one of those very naughty protections that I definitely don't like. It's likely you'll need to wait til AnyDVD is updated to handle this crap.

Doesn't really matter to me in the end other than being irritated at the protection. I bought both it and BloodRayne 2 with a gift card that I haven't had a reason to actually use up until now so they were free when all was said and done. Yeah, I know the story of BloodRayne 2 is idiotic but I figured why not... it's free.

the problem is not only with blade,also with the movie "FULL OF IT'.both are new line home entertainment releases.you can not rip the dvd,and when you do rip it, rippers don't see the main movie , if you play in a computer without enhanced features , it plays the new line presentation again and again.
if you decrypt it the main movie vts only has 8 kb .
it looks like a new protection.
thanks

the problem is not only with blade,also with the movie "FULL OF IT'.both are new line home entertainment releases.you can not rip the dvd,and when you do rip it, rippers don't see the main movie , if you play in a computer without enhanced features , it plays the new line presentation again and again.
if you decrypt it the main movie vts only has 8 kb .
it looks like a new protection.
thanks

Is this the movie you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Full-Derek-McGrath/dp/B000RJO5DC

It doesn't appear to be officially released until the 25th.

Hmm . . . someone forwarded this to me. Not sure what the source of the information is. But anyway . . . Errr, there are 3 VTS_02_1.VOB files. :eek:

In common folder:

base folder
images folder
jsLib folder
mcesetup folder
setup folder
upgflash folder
xml folder
index-HTML Document-5 KB
load-HTML document-4 KB
mac_default-HTML document-3 KB
MCE_default
mediainf-XML document-1 KB
mediainf.dtd-DTD file-5 KB
no_page_margin-Cascading Style Sheet Document-1 KB
page_style-Cascading Style Sheet Document-1 KB
vidplay-HTML Document-1 KB

In Jacket_p folder:
J00___5L
J00___5M
J00___5S

In win folder:
setup folder
skins folder

In setup folder:
cabinets folder
THIRDPTYfolder-empty
IADefDVD.dll-1.18.12.1221-IADefDVD-201 KB
IAIEPlay.dll-1.17.11.620-IAIEPlay Module-243 KB
IAMCE.dll-1.9.11.620-IAMCE-141 KB
INUNINST.exe-Uninstaller-Sonic Solutions-171 KB
INUNINST.ini-configuration settings-12 KB
iPlayer.ico-32x32-icon-4.59 KB
Register.dat-dat file-1 KB
UPDATE.DAT-dat file-8 KB

In VIDEO_TS folder:
VIDEO_TS.IFO-54 KB
VIDEO_TS.VOB-55,514 KB
VIDEO_TS.BUP-28 KB
VTS_01_0.IFO-7,056 KB
VTS_01_0.BUP-7,956 KB
VTS_01_1.VOB-522 KB
VTS_02_0.IFO-22 KB
VTS_02_0.VOB-136,514 KB
VTS_02_0.BUP-807,080 KB
VTS_02_1.VOB-1,048,530 KB
VTS_02_2.VOB-1,048,142 KB
VTS_02_3.VOB-1,048,318 KB
VTS_02_4.VOB-1,048,280 KB
VTS_02_5.VOB-153,522 KB
VTS_03_0.IFO-12 KB
VTS_03_0.BUP-8,000 KB
VTS_03_1.VOB-12,236 KB
VTS_04_0.IFO-14 KB
VTS_04_0.BUP-8,000 KB
VTS_04_1.VOB-12,236 KB
VTS_05_0.IFO-12 Kb
VTS_05_0.BUP-8,000 KB
VTS_05_1.VOB-4,400 KB
VTS_06_0.IFO-7,044 KB
VTS_06_0.BUP-4,314 KB
VTS_06_1.VOB-168,702 KB
VTS_07_0.IFO-7,576 KB
VTS_07_0.BUP-5,072 KB
VTS_07_1.VOB-47,870 KB
VTS_08_0.IFO-14 KB
VTS_08_0.BUP-8,000 KB
VTS_08_1.VOB-522 KB
VTS_09_0.IFO-6,144 KB
VTS_09_0.BUP-7,664 KB
VTS_09_1.VOB-522 KB
VTS_10_0.IFO-4,932 KB
VTS_10_0.VOB-90 KB
VTS_10_0.BUP-5,862 KB
VTS_10_1.VOB-1,048,524 KB
VTS_10_2.VOB-1,048,210 KB
VTS_10_3.VOB-504,378 KB
VTS_11_0.IFO-5,780 KB
VTS_11_0.VOB-88 KB
VTS_11_0.BUP-4,530 KB
VTS_11_1.VOB-317,934 KB
VTS_12_0.IFO-6 KB
VTS_12_0.IFO-1,048,000 KB

Hi

This is a brand new version of Protect-DVD for region 1. It has been in development for several years, and is made just to stop all known rippers, especially AnyDVD.

This is a very big deal, it's not just like a slight modification to arccos that only requires a small update, this is technology that is designed to stop rippers in their tracks.

Don't get me wrong, rip devs may find ways around it, but don't expect it to happen overnight. People keep saying "Man made it, man can break it," and while that may be true, it's going to take a LOT of of time, hardware, and big bucks to break it. Once the devs have these discs in their hands, they will find that this is something unlike they've ever seen before. I wouldn't expect an update to fix this for several months to at least a year (if at all). Believe me, protections like this don't spend years in development with big bucks sunk into them if the devs aren't confident that it won't take significant time, effort, and money to break.

So far both devs and users seem to think "send in the ifos" is all it's going to take... they will find they are sorely wrong.

So far both devs and users seem to think "send in the ifos" is all it's going to take...

No one thinks this after finding out it's similar to protect-dvd protection. But uh, I wouldn't get out your party hat just yet thinking anyone at Slysoft is shaking in his or her boots. :disagree:

And I fail to see a dev post in this thread yet.

Last edited:
Hi

This is a brand new version of Protect-DVD for region 1. It has been in development for several years, and is made just to stop all known rippers, especially AnyDVD.

Years? Do you know something others don't? If it has been in development for years for region 1 then I'll laugh even more when it's bypassed.

A copy protection on a DVD that blatantly makes the DVD no longer DVD compliant is actually pretty pathetic. But, hey, the Industry is pathetic and all about how much money they can squeeze out of the consumer.

This is a very big deal, it's not just like a slight modification to arccos that only requires a small update, this is technology that is designed to stop rippers in their tracks.

A milestone that we've now seen a Protect-DVD type protection on a region 1 release but, in the end, is it really that big of a deal? It's an annoyance and as a consumer who purchased a disc with this garbage on it I'm far from happy.

Does the Industry actually think a tactic like this will work in the end? Heck, even the music industry has caught on to the fact that DRM doesn't pay off in the long run and they never went as far as the movie industry in terms of the absurdities of protection.

Don't get me wrong, rip devs may find ways around it,

May? Do you live on the planet Earth?

but don't expect it to happen overnight. People keep saying "Man made it, man can break it," and while that may be true, it's going to take a LOT of of time, hardware, and big bucks to break it. Once the devs have these discs in their hands, they will find that this is something unlike they've ever seen before. I wouldn't expect an update to fix this for several months to at least a year (if at all). Believe me, protections like this don't spend years in development with big bucks sunk into them if the devs aren't confident that it won't take significant time, effort, and money to break.

Personally, with the DVD in hand, I give Slysoft a maximum of a week to break it. I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen in 1-3 days once they have the disc.

Your statements make me wonder a number of things. Are you part of the Industry with a very swelled head or are you that naive to think the morons in the Industry are really that brilliant?

So far both devs and users seem to think "send in the ifos" is all it's going to take... they will find they are sorely wrong.

Sometimes IFOs are all it takes to deal with something. Other times a physical DVD is more useful. The "devs" haven't made any comments in this thread so please stop inventing things.

Yeah, I liked the Blade TV series and I did purchase the disc but this is truly pathetic. One of my DVD players doesn't much like playing the retail disc at all. This is nothing more than a Pilot of a TV show protected with an absolute abomination of a protection that is considered alright.

Does the Industry really wish to both piss off and ostracize that many people. They better wake up. In the end their methods will bite them far worse than they could ever imagine.

I may end up returning my DVD when all is said and done. It doesn't correctly play in one of my DVD players and it's not an accidental flaw in production. The disc itself was flawed intentionally. I wonder how irritated retailers would be when everyone starts returning these discs... Actually, maybe this is exactly why I had so much trouble finding a store that actually had this DVD on the day of release.

Last edited:
And doesn't have a clue what they're talking about, might I add. ProtectVideo has already been broken and this is more than likely nothing more than a new variation. Big deal. James and crew will deal with it as they always do and in a week or so this will be a non-issue like Blades of Glory. YAWN. Move along.

Back