• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Black screen when scanning/ripping

jwatte

I've been using AnyDVD/HD for a long while.
Recently, I've had to re-build/re-install my computer from scratch.
After doing so, and re-installing the latest 6.7.6.0 release of AnyDVD/HD, I'm having what seems to be driver compatibility problems.
The first time I logged in after installing it, the screen was full of little white squares -- corrupt VRAM type.
After that, about every other time I try to rip a DVD, the screen will go black, and stay black. I have to reset the machine and reboot to get it back.

The machine is an Intel Core i7 950, running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, on an X58 based Gigabyte motherboard with 6 GB of RAM. The graphics card is a GeForce GTX 470 / 1280 MB from EVGA, using NVIDIA drivers version 260.99. The DVD/BD drive is a ATAPI IHOS WL0B 2009/09/15 18:05, attached through a SATA 3 controller on the motherboard. The system drive is an OCZ RevoDrive 240 PCI-Ex 4x.
This has happened with two largely unrelated DVDs. The latest disc it happens with is "Miss Potter" http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Potter-Renée-Zellweger/dp/B000N4SHOE
I am ripping to a network drive that is a SMB file share. This has also worked for years before until now.

I am attaching the log file, in case it helps.

As I said, with previous versions, I haven't had a problem, using this same hardware (as well as previous iterations of cpu/mobo/ram/graphics/hard disks/windows versions).

Is this a known problem? Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this? Are there old versions available for download that I can compare with, to see when this problem appeared?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.6.0_Info_F_MISS_POTTER.zip
    115.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Contact your system Adm

I've had to re-build/re-install my computer from scratch. I'm having what seems to be driver compatibility problems.The first time I logged in after installing it, the screen was full of little white squares -- corrupt VRAM type.
After that, about every other time I try to rip a DVD, the screen will go black, and stay black. I have to reset the machine and reboot to get it back.
running Windows 7 Ultimate x64This has happened with two largely unrelated DVDs. The latest disc it happens with is "Miss Potter"
I am ripping to a network drive that is a SMB file share. This has also worked for years before until now.

I am attaching the log file, in case it helps.

As I said, with previous versions, I haven't had a problem, using this same hardware (as well as previous iterations of cpu/mobo/ram/graphics/hard disks/windows versions).

Is this a known problem? Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this? Are there old versions available for download that I can compare with, to see when this problem appeared?

I will take a stab at this i have been looking at your system logfiles and i did come across some problems one is this.

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.6.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2005-2006 Silicon Image, Inc.
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
FileVersion: 1, 1, 6, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

here is post that reference to this issue go to to solve this problem
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=165214&postcount=4 when you come in the forms please do a complete search on what you think is the problem before posting a thread, more than likey there is a post about your problem
here is another thread about this issue
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=36625
please scroll down and read all of it. and i have personsally done this miss potter dvd that i got at my local public libary and it backup fine just using Anydvd. Please dont just assume that Anydvd is your total problem one thing that people tend to forget that Anydvd can't be compromised period.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the main drive in this system is a RevoDrive PCI-Ex flash drive, which is driven by a Silicon Image controller, so taking out the driver is not going to work.

The system has been very stable, until I re-installed and updated AnyDVD. Right after updating AnyDVD, the problems started. The problems are largely tied to when I try to rip more than one disc without a reboot in between. Also, this seems to be regardless of what the particular discs are -- the discs that cause problems may rip fine if I reboot and try again. Until I try ripping the next disc.

I don't burn at all -- I just rip, using "rip video DVD to hard disk."

Also, I'm not seeing any "read errors" or "burn errors" as described in the messages you're linking to -- I'm seeing the screen go black, and the computer not respond to anything except a swift kick in the reset button.

To my knowledge there is no known problem.
Also note that AnyDVD updates so often that most problems with any PC will coincide with a very recent AnyDD update.

-W

Black screen when ripping

ok, so I just reimaged and I thought the problem went away.
Just to be Clear I'm having the same problem with different software.
At first I thought it was related to GPU acceleration because this all started around the time I got my GTX 660.

But I had 2 separate problems one lead to the other
first I had conversion/playback issues, I thought I had a bad codec.
I can now say that it was a faulty external hard drive.

2nd problem is that video blacks out and only a restart seems to revive the machine. I don't know if this caused it but I'm trying removing
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
"UpperFilters"
says it's related to ITunes, so this could be some generic CD-ROM filter that was applied to my HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Either way I have the same problem with a fresh install and all updated drivers.
Aimersoft doesn't work, Clonedvd mobile doesn't work. I did have some success with Blu-ray Converter Ultimate 2 but it's going straight to MKV not mpeg.

It seems like both aimersoft and clonedvd use FFMpeg to encode so I thought it might be related to the FFmepeg codec. I also thought the GPU and drivers themselves could be to blamed. Heat vs stability and all that jazz but it's really not that big of a strain. Now I'm running win 8 64 bit on a Phenom x4 955 at 3.2 with 8 gig of corsair XMS @ 2000 MHz no longer overclocked. Boot drive is a OCZ Vertex. Win exp index is like 7.3 now. CPU usage does jump up to 95% ish but my system doesn't run hot. I must admit that Idon't have a temp monitor setup on the GPU. But I don't think clonedvd mobile has GPU acceleration built in.

Any Ideas? anybody solved one of these riddles?

I use speed fan program to monitor all my temps, fans and voltage levels. I would take another look at your hardware. Make sure all power connections are good and make sure that if your video card that may have extra power connection is connected. I would them run a video 3D Benchmarking program and see if you can run the program a few times without crashing.

Back