• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Black screen when I play Blue Underground blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the ISO plays fine with VLC and the other players (but no menu). It has been made without the speedmenu activated. I know, you might wonder why I make such a fuss about it, but I really wish I could see the menu and navigate through it

Last edited:
No, anyone who knows me will tell you, Menus are important to me and that's why I'm not a big fan of files, like .mkv etc.

So "plays fine" and "no menu" are opposites for me :=).

I have to admit though, I am now totally confused what you are seeing here.

First off, is there a difference in how the original disc plays and the .iso you made? So that the issue is only with the .iso?

Secondly, how did you make an .iso that will play the movie but not the Menu if no SpeedMenu was involved?

T

Very well could be a disc mastering error of some kind. Odd. Doesn't seem like it's an AnyDVD issue though.

No, anyone who knows me will tell you, Menus are important to me and that's why I'm not a big fan of files, like .mkv etc.

So "plays fine" and "no menu" are opposites for me :=).

I do have my uses for mkv/mp4 (Plex), but I'm on your team when it comes to disc backups. If the menu isn't working as it should, then doesn't 'play fine'. Proper playback : fully functional menu playing the proper titles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Here are the results i get when I play the blu ray :
- PowerDVD : I only get a black screen, with and without AnyDVD running.
- VLC : I can't play the blu ray, with or without AnyDVD running.
- VideoSolo : I can play the blu ray, with or without AnyDVD running (I see an "unregistered" warning)
- Kodi : I can't play the blu ray when AnyDVD isn't running. But with AnyDVD running, I can, so I ask Kodi to show the menu : it goes straight to the movie.

When I play the ISO:
The ISO made with AnyDVD (with the box "ask for the region" ticked, answer : "all") plays fine with all the players (VLC, Kobi, VideoSolo, J River), except I don't get to see the menu. It goes straight to the movie (except with VideoSolo : I get a screen the same as I would have if I had chosen the speedmenu with AnyDVD).

Guys. You are getting off-topic and you are no help at all with all the things you proposed.

I would just try to make a full disc backup with the free options of CloneBD and then send a log to Pete if any issue will arise.

CloneBD and its functions are free unless you want to compress video / reduce file size. Look on the main page, download and process the disc.

ok, so I copied the blu ray using CloneBD, here's the log file.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.9.0.MANIAC_COP_2.cbdlog
    780.6 KB · Views: 0
Very well could be a disc mastering error of some kind. Odd. Doesn't seem like it's an AnyDVD issue though.

It is odd.

But absolutely not AnyDVD's fault because it happens when AnyDVD is off.

So that we know.

Question is could AnyDVD help to fix it.

I would just try to make a full disc backup with the free options of CloneBD

Coopervid, your thought is that even though the Menus don't play on the original disc, somehow CloneBD can make them work?

The only way I could think that would happen is if you know a particular title that is causing the issue and remove it to make it all work.

But hard to do if you don't know the cause.

Not sure a CloneBD log would help since the problem happens before CloneBD is involved...

T

If the menu isn't working as it should, then doesn't 'play fine'. Proper playback : fully functional menu playing the proper titles.

I totally agree.

I think the poster meant though that at least he can get the movie itself to play fine.

Remember he only gets a black screen with the original disc.

T

Sure. Enable speedmenus. ;)

Yeah, that did do the trick, didn't it? :)

I was wondering if another setting though, maybe for instance "Remove video less than", would make the original Menu finally work.

Tough to say definitively I guess, without a lot of trial-and-error.

T

I already tried ticking the boxes "remove annoying adverts" and "remove sequences shorter than...". It didn't work.

I already tried ticking the boxes "remove annoying adverts" and "remove sequences shorter than...". It didn't work.

Ok, so you tried with those options both enabled and disabled and no Menu either way.

The thing with "Remove Sequences" though is you can adjust the length of the titles you want to remove and get different outcomes. But I'm assuming you left it at the default .5 minutes.

Also assuming you set these options on the "Video Blu-Ray" tab of Settings and not "Video DVD" (since these are Blu-Rays).

This may be a completely crazy question but, are you sure there are Menus on these discs? Have you evidence they're supposed to be there?

Though most Blu-Rays are mastered with a Main Menu, not all of them are (especially older ones)....

T

Hi Testiles

You are correct in assuming that I left it at the default 0.5 minutes when I ticked "remove sequences". In the 'blu-ray" tab.

Now, should there be menus on these discs?... Please don't repeat this to anyone but I downloaded rips of "Blue Underground" blu-rays from a private russian site. There are menus on those. I made ISOs out of the files I downloaded using DVD Fab. When those discs play (the three of them), there is a small sequence with the FBI warning, an animated company logo, and then an animated menu.

edit : I received another blu ray from Blue Underground today, "Zombie". It has 2 discs, and I did a copy of them. The ISO of the first disc plays fine (I get the animated menu), only it hasn't been "named" : it is called "BDROM". The ISO of the second disc, which doesn't play (I get the black screen) is called "ZOMBIE_DISC2".

Hi Testiles

You are correct in assuming that I left it at the default 0.5 minutes when I ticked "remove sequences". In the 'blu-ray" tab.

Now, should there be menus on these discs?... Please don't repeat this to anyone but I downloaded rips of "Blue Underground" blu-rays from a private russian site. There are menus on those. I made ISOs out of the files I downloaded using DVD Fab. When those discs play (the three of them), there is a small sequence with the FBI warning, an animated company logo, and then an animated menu.

edit : I received another blu ray from Blue Underground today, "Zombie". It has 2 discs, and I did a copy of them. The ISO of the first disc plays fine (I get the animated menu), only it hasn't been "named" : it is called "BDROM". The ISO of the second disc, which doesn't play (I get the black screen) is called "ZOMBIE_DISC2".
Picpoul,

personally I will not reply to this thread anymore. You are using dubious sources, then you process these with other software from Redfox competitors. And then you complain that AnyDVD doesn't work with those at the end of the food chain. And you come up with this information very, very -too - late as far as I am concerned. People here tried to give the best advice for AnyDVD assuming you had an original disc and not anything that is a hodge-podge of the above. Complain on the Russian site or complain in the DVDFab forum. Speaking for me personally -case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back